Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beer thread, or other drinks of choice.
Well, name a beverage you think others should give a try and let us know why. :toast:
Seagrams 7 and coke, best damn drink I have found :thumb:
Ok I see it says beer and the first reply is fritos choice of poison which is NOT beer:)but then rec did say beverage....so

I like wine usually and a fuzzy navel is my favorite alcohol drink, as far as beer goes,
I like wheat beers normally and never care for light beers except maybe Grolsch....there are a couple beers I enjoy, the latest is 'Erdinger Pikantus Dunkler Weizenbock'. I went to dinner with a visiting scientist that was in town and this nice German professor said it was a must try. He was right, it has a chocolate/vanilla taste almost, not really heavy but you probably cant drink too many. More of a social after dinner beer, not a 'lets go get wasted' kind of beer. Plus it is not cheap:)If I am going to drink beer it is going to be from Germany or from Canada, I have not had any other beers that I think are worth recommending. I have tried beer from Austrailia, England, Japan, Belgium and Denmark. Maybe some others but none that were remarkable enough that I remember. There was a bar that use to do "Around the World" beer nights. You paid a set price and you got 30mls of as many different kinds as you wanted. After a dozen or so they all taste the same....or so I have been told :rolleyes:
I would recommend chimay (a complex belgian), even though it is expensive. My brother in law, loves delerium tremens, but I have yet to give that one a try. Very expensive.:P Wheat stuff is probably my favorite too grits. So that is a sweet beer, or just a hint of flavor?
drink? white russian. mmm, tasty.
wine? pinot noir (in an appropriate glass that tapers toward the top just so...).
beer? apart from some local (colorado) microbrews, Red Stripe, man, Red Stripe. Those Jamaicans brew it well. :toast:
Hmmm well i have taken a bartending course i could go on forever about this, not going to though. Anyways, favorite beer would probably be killkenny, favorite drink would be dark rum served straight up (shaken with ice so its cold, and then strained.). Lots of mixed drinks that are good but ill just keep my mouth shut cause this could take a while:D. Any questions about drinks i may know them, if you tell me what they taste and look like odds are i will be able to figure it out real quick.
ummm allright

Wine: Jindalee Shiraz
Beer: Stella Artois, Guinness, Becks, Tetley's, Hoegaarden, Warsteiner, Old Speckled Hen, etc.
Others: Grey Goose Vodka (very smooth, god plain), White Russian, Black Russian, Jose Cuervo, Gin and Tonic, umm lots out there.

Shot:Flaming Blue Lambourghini to name one

etc,etc,etc :drink:
I think you are the only person i have talked to (other than wha? who i tryed old speckled hen with) who knows of old speckled hen letalone likes it. Good to know we have someone that has a taste for good beers around.:D
i'm gonna stick to normal drinks...
jack daniels and sprite.. (sprite isn't often thought of as good with JD, But it's real nice with ice)
samuka, need i say more:oset it on fire, or don't.. s'up to you. be sure to blow it out before you try drinkin it and dont leave it burnin too long else the glass gets hot and burns your mouth, i know - i did:(
i like wine.

drink sangria.

never liked beer other than to get a buzz :/

edit: Ohhh newcastle brown ale... that stuff is GOOOOOD but expensive:)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

acid is right about sangria, it rocks. and frooty reminded me about Jack Daniels and Red Bull It's actually pretty good. also frooty, sambuka is the main alcohol in a flaming blue lambourghini and you do set it on fire (thus the flaming portion of the name)

Newcastle is alright, not my favorite but i like it all the same
not a fan of newky brown, then again i don't like beer/ale/lager/anything that isn't a shot. lol
SHOTS FOR THE WIN.. though i'm hungover:(
Mmmmm speckled hen... thats the good stuff. Although have you tried Hen's Tooth? Its a similar beer to speccy but 6.5%. mmmm mmmmmmmm. Newky brun is good, but nowhere near the best. Perhaps Black Sheep, or tanglefoot, or cloister (although seeing as thats a tiny brewery you foreigners will be lucky if any of it passes my reach let alone our shores). Asahi Superdry is a good dry lager (japanese; tastes kinda like bud but with an actual flavour. John Smiths and caffery's are the kings of smoothflows, followed by calders. Nearly forgot Youngs Choclolate ale.. really chocolaty.

Spirits: Dark rum and coke. Although one must be fussy about both the type of rum and the type of coke. Only coca cola is acceptable, and to go in it one of bacardi oro, lambs navy rum, morgans spiced or at a push a more normal named rum like simple captain morgans. Explanation:- bacardi oro is a really smooth dark rum and good despite being made by the same people who make normal bacardi. Lambs navy rum epitomises the navy rum tang. Spiced tastes different because its, well, spiced.

Shots:- Sambuca. Like frooty said... it burns. Good for gas-chamber type tricks. Luxardo is the minimum standard you should look for if drinking normally. Also Bushmills, and in particular their higher quality one "black bush" which is the smoothest whiskey to pass your mouth (as a short of course). More normal whiskeys mix well with dry ginger ale. Black schnapps with a bit of blackcurrant cordial always goes down well. Vodka bottles can be left the hell alone, with the exception of good lemon flavoured vodka on ice.

Mixey coctailey things:- Baileys and chocolate milk. I had overlooked that one until recently. Dark rum also goes well with choco milk. One which i wouldnt really recommend except as a dare is my old friends personal invention; the head****. Its double vodka, double bacardi and double baileys in a pint glass, have to drink it quick before the baileys curdles, which generaly means downing it. Absinthe, sugar and icewater goes down well if mixed by an expert, of which I know sadly few. It tastes really rather sweet and smooth if well mixed, or minging if not. Speaking of minging, I have a challenge for you. I want somebody to find an alcoholic beverage which mixes well with wasabi. I want video evidence. Other cocktail things include black widows; sambuca and baileys. For a heavy night i recommend a tequila slammer immediately followed by a shot of jagermeister. I am of the opinion that jagermeister is undrinkable on its own but mixes perfectly with the slammer.

I would list more but this is making me feel thirsty. And I want someone to take up that challenge. Smartass? Try it on the customers.

The author asks that you please drink responsibly. Or if not, that you don't try to blame him.<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
I havent personaly had any good wasabi so i couldent realy have a go at makeing a drink for it. However the next time i talk to the guy that tought me flair (Graiden Lee, won iron chef bartender for canada last year) ill ask him what he thinks. If you could run some flavors past me of what real wasabi tastes of i could come up with some possiblitys that you could try. I know that jalapino goes realy well with pineapple for some strange reason. Might want to try that.
beer: mostly wheat beer. doesnt really matter what kind. also a nice beer is called &quot;Superbock&quot;. its a beer from portugal and has a very sweet taste and is easy to drink but still isnt every expensive

wine: sangria is nice, also nice is a so-called &quot;Schoppen&quot; which is a speciality of the part of germany I live in.
you take cheap white wine you couldnt drink pure and mix it with coke

drink: cuba libre, JD+coke, southern comfort+sprite, vodka+applejiuce

shot: tequila(with salt and lemon,cinnamon and orange or and that is my new favourite: tequila with tabasco),sambuca is also quite nice but I havent had one since I burned the roof of my mouth :rolleyes:
' Wrote:wine: sangria is nice, also nice is a so-called &quot;Schoppen&quot; which is a speciality of the part of germany I live in.
you take cheap white wine you couldnt drink pure and mix it with coke.

Heh, dude sangria is red wine soda water and fruit. Im not realy sure what white wine and coke is called but i know its not sangria.:)
I think there is a misunderstanding:)I said that sangria is nice and that another drink which is called &quot;Schoppen&quot; here is also nice but they are two different drinks
favorite drink is baileys, it goes down easier then paris hilton. WHOA!
' Wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding:)I said that sangria is nice and that another drink which is called &quot;Schoppen&quot; here is also nice but they are two different drinks

Ah ok, i know some people think they are right. Then place an order and get pissed off at the bartender when they get the wrong drink because they ordered the wrong one. Just wanted to make sure you diddent get the wrong drink.
yea I know this problem:)

another problem are ppl who just order &quot;wine&quot; in a restaurant..or just &quot;beer&quot;
Oh yes and the people who order a liqueur coffee and look blank when you ask exactly what liquer they want in it. I know that one too.

Generally the answer to people who just order beer is to point at the cheapest brand name lager you have on pump and ask if that'll do. 9 times out of ten they won't even look at it before they say its fine. Wine, however, is trickier.

@Gragoon: never heard of white wine and coke but if we get german tourists in they'll sometimes order red wine with a splash of coke.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
red wine with coke is also possible but not that common here..it is called &quot;Ochsenblut&quot; (&quot;oxblood&quot;)
vodka redbull

red wine and coke is great calimocho is what they call it in Spain (Cali - moe- ch-o)
vodka redbull:P Jagerbombs are good.. umm jagermeister shot and a glass of red bull. oh i forgot one....

straight whiskey baby!
Erm... I take it you don't realise smartass that wasabi is japanese mustard? Thats why it would be a challenge to make a drink it ttastes good in...
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
Im thinking bloody mary type drink with wasabi are you talking about actually going into solution = mix or taste = mix well

saki wasabi and tomato juice

or replace the saki with vodka

or leave out the tomato juice

maybe I will try these combinations this weekend and see if any are palatable
' Wrote:Erm... I take it you don't realise smartass that wasabi is japanese mustard? Thats why it would be a challenge to make a drink it ttastes good in...

I know what it is, i have never had it. So i couldent match a flavor.
I'll just advise that when mixed with absinthe it created a foul thing that had an interesting taste in that the different flavours came and went in waves.

It did kinda go into solution but you only needed a small amount, the rest settled on the bottom looking deadly.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
I hear that absinthe with chocolate is the way to go.
That sounds very interesting indeed......

Pity I can't afford any absinthe until after the end of this month at least.

I'm curious... mixed in with the drink or eaten at the same time?
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!