Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
great references
i recently found a couple of great sites with a whole sloo of downloadable hldm maps, that range from the standard built-in maps, to ones that can't be found on any server. still, it's a great reference! :D

http://uml-pub.ists.dartmouth.edu/halflife/hl_maps/

http://gto.dynu.com/halflife/modfiles/half...ife/valve/maps/

these will be a lot of help, especially for you 56k-ers out there, as well as everyone who doens't want to download maps from the servers.
cool
any of these that we need to try out on Vads?
oh I have to add raider al's map see if it works...maybe I will see you this eve
ooooooooooooo, try my first one. its all "me learning how to do stuff", but still fun, and ive play tested it! and its only one texture!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that means it must be good! brok and i are working on a big one, but its gonna be awhile on that one....a long while.
uhm...whaaaaaaaaa?
couldn't you post your map on icantlose, or brinkster? then people might be able to play it without having to download it from your computer. ^_^
trying it would dictate that it be on the server.
I dont have a problem adding one and making sure it doesnt crash the linux server before we put it on the mapcycle...give me the name of one you want to see there
Here, its only 87k or so
ok look for it today and do an admin_map I wont put it on mapcycle until you let me know if it crashes the server....no other files with it? just the bsp?
you will know if it crashes because it will revert to bootcamp map

can I get you to try out ANCIENT too? let me know if it works
Grits where did you go last night?..I went to ls server and man you've got to try out the oz dm its a great addition to a hldm server..And I for sure will play more that is the only way I used to play hldm with Oz..But you should check it

Please add it to your server :D
I could not connect I tried soooo many times and then I went and updated looking for his server, couldnt find it under LandShark, then I went back to vads and played a little and didnt see you guys...I should have done a gametiger search for you...didnt think about that one...I got real frustrated and just logged off
nice to know I was missed tho:blsh:
somehow i missed what was happening with Land Shark, even though he invited me to a server...which is what i missed.
server? LS?
what happened?:huh:
We tested a server of his with the Oz Deathmatch its like a program you add to the server and you have runes that give you different powers and if you are an admin with it you can set fireworks up..those are awesome you got to see them..And you get a hook shot now..O man it was fun..But I think he said he would do it again this weekend since yall missed it..yes grits we were wonderin we you were the whole time..and same with you brokend
so far so good, the map hasnt crashed the server.
nice to hear...both of them sage? Ancient and yours?

also I played OZ before with the hook it is cool for a change but I think it makes the whole server oz not just a map...not sure if I am up for changing the server. I will get more info from LS this weekend
ancient has been doing fine as well. they are both pretty small maps. i have seen nothing go wrong with either of them, and that includes lag spikes. you should come check it out, we've had some pretty chaotic fights on mine already!
also worth mentioning: sage is working on another, much larger and more complex map.
it has secrets and everything!
stay tuned, and updates are sure to come in.