Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
any thoughts?
I would like to hear what everyone thinks about this, I think it is very realistic.

the housing bubble
I started readingthis, (Yup Miagi! I started reading)
Then my ADD kicked in about 5 lines into it and started doing something else. :P
' Wrote:I started readingthis, (Yup Miagi! I started reading)
Then my ADD kicked in about 5 lines into it and started doing something else. :P

You got farther than me. I opened the page and glanced at it, then closed it.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

' Wrote:
' Wrote:I started readingthis, (Yup Miagi! I started reading)

You got farther than me. I opened the page and glanced at it, then closed it.

farther than me still - didn't even open the link:)
hmm didn't show canada in any of the charts so it's obviously horribly wrong. ^_^

I guess it's possible that the housing market crashing could create deficites with the USA's trading partners but I'd be more worried about other problems with the US economy. Such as the growing dispearity between the higher and lower classes and the export of jobs to other countries. It seems less and less like America is being competitive on the global market yet it is the destination of a lot of the world's exports. Should the majority of people there be unable to buy anything it could quite conceivably destroy the world's economy.
its a good read guys, I know it looks boring but it is interesting.
Add this to the growning number of areas that could take down the US Economy, thus the world economy. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't read about more jobs leaving or bankruptcy threats.

I think the car industry could take the hit before housing. But it seems that GM is pulling around farily quickly, they already posted a profit this Q1. But the other problems are the suppliers, if suppliers go out, it hurts, GM, Ford, DCX (Chrysler), and Toyota HARD.
This strikes me as yet another "the whole world depends on the US" thing. Your fearmongers always seem a little self-centred. Well, when they aren't screaming about muslims anyway:D

Its right that a lot of countries have a trade surplus with the US, and its probably right that the borrowing thing (which the rest of the world have too) may hit that a bit. Certainly, the same problem is lowering spending in Britain and other European countries too.

However, remember that rush mentioned that Canada wasn't included? I'd be interested to see just how bad it looked with the rest of the world added.; Also, bear in mind that new markets are becoming prevalent, for instance China and India are becoming more and more lucrative as consumer markets.

True, there may be a recession, but its not going to be the seeming end of the financial world as put there. It won't be as sudden, nor as unexpected, as the writer seems to believe.... this kind of talk has been going on for some time and with good reason. The financial markets area already adjusting, as are the people that actually make things.

And maybe increasing debts will cut down on the increasingly dumb lawsuits you people like to indulge in:P

-> I wouldn't include that last point apart from the guy who's trying to stop pharmaceutical companies selling lifesaving drugs to the third world at a cut price, just because he has to pay a bit more.
EEEEXCEELLEEEEEEENNT!!
[Image: SkaWars.JPG]
Can't agree with it. The economy is not going to fail.

It's people like that who don't understand everything going on that blow things way out there.
Also the fact that peoples expections of the economy failing, can't in fact make it fail.
' Wrote:Also the fact that peoples expections of the economy failing, can't in fact make it fail.
the goverment has an index called "the consumer confidence index" which they use to gage if people are going to spend or save thier money, which directly effects the economy.
Well coming from Canada, thanks to Stephen Harper interest rates aren't going anywhere but up :/ ... and due to this rise in interest people are gonna think twice when it comes to buying houses or home renovations or anyting else for that matter. These companies and stores supplying the products for things like this are going to get less and less business and that will have a pretty big impact on the economy. cross your fingers.
it came a little later then expected but its happening, and its very scary:huh: