Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jumps
Meh.. well i'm posting this for afew reasons..
1. I'm very very bored
2. I think it'd help if we had some common names for jumps like the infamous S jump

[attachment=2417:attachment]
First jump i'll mention is what i like to call the C jump obviously because of the shape it takes. You start on the middle blue/red pad and jump to the Guarded pad behind you of the opposing colour. I know you all know these jumps so i'm not introducing anything new - just putting names to them:P

[attachment=2418:attachment]
Next jump is the n jump - named so because i couldn't think of anything better. This entales you to jump from 1 arrow to the other arrow on the same pad with an arc'ing motion. could have called it arc jump but nevermind.:D

[attachment=2419:attachment]
The S jump - everyone knows it and everyone recognizes the name. This jump is mostly for purposes of confusing your opponent and switching your landing position to the other side that they expect - it's more difficult than the advantage it gives so most people generally don't use it in battle.

[attachment=2421:attachment]
U turn - name kinda explains it all really. You jump off from an arrow and simply bring the jump round to land back on same arrow. Note :: NOT STALLING. Stalling is a vertical bounce on the same arrow - this requires you to move in a circular fashion.

[attachment=2420:attachment]
Lastly i'll introduce Skimming to some of you. I believe this is an Ishboo original but it's not Widely known. The jump requires you to make a jump and just clip one of the platforms for a short enough time to keep your horizontal motion and reduce your vertical motion (ie to temporarily stop you falling) and with the horizontal motion you've carried you make it to a different nearby platform.

My paint skills are uber 1337 as you can see but i hope the diagrams are clear enough for you.
Yes.. i'm still bored.. Damn.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nice collection of jumps you've brought here. The last one seems almost impossible to do.
Anyway, I also do other jumps than those that are mentioned there.
Savage shark, the one who can mostly predict his opponent's next move.
When I lag, there are good news and bad news. Good news for me (sometimes) and bad news for you. If you have complaints about my lag, tell my neighbor. (No really, you have my apologies)

Discs don't push and kill people. We do!
You can't escape the shark, especially when it's got a disc.<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

[Image: kustin.png]
I'll post some when I get home, but mr. sharky.. um post yours too!:)
you guys remember our equivalent to &quot;HORSE&quot;?
I forget the letters we used but it was sort of a follow the leader you do a jump and then the other player copied it and if he fell he got a letter, first one that spelled out loser....no wait that wasnt it, think it was four letters, first one to spell out jump or rico or something was not the winner:)or maybe it was three because of the three deaths rule....some body please jog my memory....btw
only played when others werent waiting in the que because it is time comsuming and holds up the game

acid_head and razor both have videos on the forums if you want to check out some awesome jumps....I forget who else posted theirs after the last tourney pique ? vash?

and we havent even begun to discuss the DM map jumps and specialties....wow
' Wrote:Nice collection of jumps you've brought here. The last one seems almost impossible to do.
Anyway, I also do other jumps than those that are mentioned there.

Yeah there's hundreds of jumps i haven't done. I did what i consider to be the harder selection of jumps. I missed out the Corner to Corner pad jump and the middle to guarded (same colour) etc because i consider them as the basic rico jumps.
I did however miss the 'O' jump as i call it - but thats more of a combination. It's where you camp the hell out of the middle pads and go round in a circle on the arrows...
' Wrote:I'll post some when I get home, but mr. sharky.. um post yours too!:)
If Ichigo sends me the basic map drawing, I'll do it.
When I lag, there are good news and bad news. Good news for me (sometimes) and bad news for you. If you have complaints about my lag, tell my neighbor. (No really, you have my apologies)

<!--/sizec-->

So who plays Dm? Seriously?:)
I do, of course.

<!--/sizec-->

Fr0oTcakes, dont forget the star jump
Box!

We luuuubs BOX!
' Wrote:Fr0oTcakes, dont forget the star jump

I didn't forget it:)I wasn't doing jump combos.
i just thought it'd be easier to talk about jumps and jump combos if each jump had a name, so you could explain combos in terms of each jump... ie..
C to N to reverse C to S - would be a jump combo. (Reversed C would obviously be from the guarded pad to the middle pad.)
Cloud i thought you'd done some better quality ones? ;o post them already hoebag:)
[Image: S-Jump.jpg]

1) - Jump from this pad and make an immediate turn to the left sweeping out across the middle pads.

2) - Once past the edge of the barrier turn immediately to the right and land on either the pad or the jump arrow.

[Image: C-Jump.jpg]

1) - Jump from this pad and make an immediate turn to either the left or right to face directly behind you (depending on which side of the pad you are on).

2) - Arc in towards the pad or the jump arrow and land.
[Image: post-43-1150022572_thumb.jpg]

^I can go around the bar without skimming.