Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
what is PNP????
Over the last week, i've seen a bunch of people with the tag [PNP]. I think its 6 to be precise... I'm not sure if it is the same guy or what. All i know is that none of them talk and they all suck at rc. Are the newbs of rc making clans or something???
The real acronym PnP means Plug and Play.
But clan tags have been known to have separate meanings from the original.
I have asked this question for months now. I would always ask one about how many of them are there, but they don't say much. I have seen them in CS and DOD and other mods as well. I don't know if it is a clan or just some sort of tag that stands for something. There has to be more than 50 of them. I tried to do a search but did not come up with much on them. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it. I'm just curious about them. They seem so secretive like one of those religious cults. :lol:
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Every PNP is a newb... and I've seen hundreds over my tenure as a HL mod player. I've always wondered, never known what the hell they are. All of them have the tag, then a name following it that is always one word, only the first name is capitalized. Perhaps it has something to do with certain servers assigning names, or a cheat filter that assigns people without the anti-cheat program on their computer as PNP (kinda like one program that marked people [No-CD]). Who knows?
Could be a bot with fakelag
I know there are a bunch that play DOD who have the tag OWP but it is not a clan. It stands for something but I never asked what it was. That is my thinking about PNP that it is not a clan but has some sort of meaning in the tag.
mean somehting along the lines of "I can't play worth a crap and i won't talk either?" cause they all exhibit those characteristics
OWP is online world pact or something like that. Just a group that wears the take to show they they are mature or something. So you can find people to play with easier.
Difference is that OwP players actually play DoD, so most are good or at least decent. Not these PNP characters.
Ok guys, heres the scoop on [PNP]:

What happens is that on certain HLDM servers (i think specifically OZ mods), when a person joins whith the name "player", they are renamed to something else w/ the tag [PNP]. Why is this so, I don't really know. What does PNP stand for: "People Named Player"...^_^

i wouldn't be surprised if their is a ricochet server maybe doing the same thing because i'm not sure nicks carry from hl -> rico

it's not surprising they suck most of the time...they don't even know how to change their nick.

Here's a website for the PNP "clan":

http://members.aol.com/arsinic01/index.html

read the rules section...kinda funny
This is taken from there main page:
Welcome to the [PNP] Clan site, we are proud to be the largest known clan of Oz. This site contains all the information that is essential to all PNP members, and PNP potential members. If you would like to be a member of this clan, just wear the tag. Although, if want to be a l33t PNP, you have to successfully complete the Half-Life hazard corse.

I counted 87 members :lol: Sounds more like a cult than a clan to me:wacko:Look at their rules:
PNP rules-

1) Shoot people facing the wall. They are easy targets.

2) Put mines where you appear on the map.
Others will appear there too.

3) If players keep preasuring you: Just say something like this,"I don't know how i got this name."or,"the server gave me this name."Better to act like an imposter than to give out secret info about PNP.

4) If a player is killing you a lot,he is most likely cheating. Call him a cheater so that other players will know about it. PNP does not cheat and we all need to help expose players who do.
Is this why they don't talk that much so that they don't give out secret info about PNP :rolleyes:

:idea:So all I have to do is put the tag on and complete the HL hazard coarse. I think we should all put the tag on one day when we play Ricochet.
But you don't suck. Doesn't that disqualify you?
Wha?,Mar 10 2003, 04:26 AM Wrote:But you don't suck. Doesn't that disqualify you?
Absolutely.