Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One person's rating on my new vad web design
There were a total of 6 people, not counting myself, who graded my site.

5 people gave me all 5's. The 6th person decided to be... a jackass I think... Even though it's suppose to be anonymous, I narrowed it down to one person and I plan on finding out why they decided to give me a 3 in some categories...

Right now, I'm pretty much pissed that my site got the worst grade from the student's side so far out of 3 others. I'm not saying my work is the best ever, but the site I designed was the most professional and clean looking design... Others had links on the bottom of their page which they clicked to go to another page, but then you have to press home to go to yet another page... Yet that person got all 5's.. Another person only had like 4 pages total and looked like it took 10 minutes to make...

Bull shit...

* Miagi ends the rant..

Here's a pic of the jack asses response in the survey that screwed up my straight 5's...

And for those who haven't seen the redesign...
http://vadavaka.com/alpha

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

have you rated his site yet?:upto:
No, but it's a lady. I just talked to everyone in my class and they don't know what the hell her problem was with my site...

The teacher didn't say anything really. Maybe monday after she looks at the results.

The lady who gave me the crappy scores did not show up to the class today... Sure. Show up one day to RAPE me on the scoring of my site and not even show up to present your site nor hand it in. Not sure what pisses me off more. The fact that she graded my site without probably even HAVING a site of her own, or that she hardly showed up for class so what would she know what a good site is..

I would have graded fairly, I wouldn't have been an ass.

ew, your site makes me so full of rage that i want to rate it with zeros so fast that you won't know what rated it faster than the length of time that it took for me to type this run on sentence that may or may not make sense to the reader even though i understand what it says because i know what i was saying or trying to say.

nah, it's cool. it deserves a good solid one.

joking, please don't hit me!
I didn't see the place to rate the site but I will give you my professional opinion (since this is what I do for a living).

First and foremost it has a clean and professional look. It is easily read and easy to navigate. It doesn't use frames (frames are bad for most types of web sites) and there isn't an overuse of images.

The look is controlled using CSS rather than placement of images. This makes the pages load faster and much easier for desigining a 'new look.'

Only two recommendations I would make and they are just small items: One, the top banner should be linked to the home page. It is a standard that the top banner or logo is linked to the home page. The other is that the background around the banner should be close to the color of the background of the banner and there should not be a border around the banner image, but this is just personal preference on my part.

Overall, a very good site. Well done.

desNotes
' Wrote:I didn't see the place to rate the site but I will give you my professional opinion (since this is what I do for a living).

First and foremost it has a clean and professional look. It is easily read and easy to navigate. It doesn't use frames (frames are bad for most types of web sites) and there isn't an overuse of images.

The look is controlled using CSS rather than placement of images. This makes the pages load faster and much easier for desigining a 'new look.'

Only two recommendations I would make and they are just small items: One, the top banner should be linked to the home page. It is a standard that the top banner or logo is linked to the home page. The other is that the background around the banner should be close to the color of the background of the banner and there should not be a border around the banner image, but this is just personal preference on my part.

Overall, a very good site. Well done.

desNotes

It's the evil_admin!!!

There is no place for you to vote. The site was for my term project and the people in my class are the one's who voted. The above image was the only person who did not give me all 5's:(and I found it very annoying.

Linking the logo does make sense in a way:p

For the border around the banner image, do you mean the table border? Or are you seeing an actual image border around the banner?

I have the vad banner in a table that has a background image of those lines and a white table border.

I think upon closer look the border (table) is really appropriate. I d/l the page and the CSS file and looked at it closer. The best part about it is that it is built from scratch and not wth a WYSIWYG, which adds a bunch of images and tables within tables, etc.

Good job!

desNotes