Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mIRC
Aight I give up on it. I keep getting software error and it disconnectes me everytime. Anyone wanna hook me up with some advice on how to fix it.
I always see
[06:11:36] * Quits: Slasher-186 ([email protected]) (Ping timeout)

Which means your losing the connection to irc.

When I get disconnected, I always get
[01:59:44] * [10053] Software caused connection abort

Is that what you get? Either you have a virus/adware/spyware, your isp is unstable, there's a problem somewhere in a hop to the irc server, your modem is dieing, or it's the router. Every few months I have to reboot my router, otherwise it locks up and doesn't do anything.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

You're using windows right??

RE-FORMAT!:):):thumb::thumb::thumb:
' Wrote:I always see
[06:11:36]
[01:59:44] * [10053] Software caused connection abort
Yes, that's the one. So reset the router you think?
No harm in trying, might as well reset the modem while you are at it. Make sure you unplug them for more than a second or 2 because a lot of that stuff has capasitors in them to smoothe out power fluxuations. Might also want to try running mirc on another computer to see if the problem is local to your computer. If it works on another computer then your network is fine and you have more searching to find out what the deal is with your computer. All i can think of now. good luck.

P.S. My spelling is probably realy bad (not that out of the ordinary), its after 2 here so i have an excuse.