Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New modes coming soon
Here's a list of modes I plan on adding:
  • Decap Only<>
  • Tournament Mode<>
  • Last Man Standing (DM)<>
    [st]Decap only... You know what it means.

Tournament mode would disable ALL powerups no matter what map you are playing.

Last man standing I came up with last night. It would have to be a DM mode. Falling will not count since it's too easy to get bumped. If you get decap'd or pushed off, you will be sent into spectator mode until someone is the last man standing. I might add a timelimit to respawn players according to when they died incase afk's are on or if people are taking too long to kill each other. So it would be like a stripped down version of arena mode, but with everyone on their own team and no penalty for falling. This one I will do last since it requires the most work.

I think last man standing would be a lot of fun.

Any other ideas?
&lt;@Miagi&gt; !8 Am I spamming?
&lt;@ChanServ&gt; Miagi: Yes.
&lt;@Miagi&gt; !8 Should I stop?
&lt;@ChanServ&gt; Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Wow, nice collection of ideas you have there Miagi! The fact that you and others have been able to create some of this stuff just astounds me... major PROPS!

As far as other ideas... hmm.. I'll have to get back to ya on that one.
Decap only mode is enabled on grits arena server.

I also enabled tournament mode so no powerups on any map.

It will probably be turned off friday or something so that acid and thrice can play their match normally.

Grits can turn them off in the game.cfg.

Those sound awsome, good thinking
*imDEAF*
yes those are cool ideas... imk0tter (i think him) has been working on a last man standing thing, i've tested it out a few times and it's cool. I dunno if he fixed all the bugs (most of them revolve around the score and points allocation). you'd have to ask him about it though. in any case... woot miagi!...?
' Wrote:yes those are cool ideas... imk0tter (i think him) has been working on a last man standing thing, i've tested it out a few times and it's cool. I dunno if he fixed all the bugs (most of them revolve around the score and points allocation). you'd have to ask him about it though. in any case... woot miagi!...?

From what I heard, it's an arena 4 person free for all using arena rules. So like a 2vs2 but 1vs1vs1vs1. All that takes is modifying one line :P

I doubt I'll ask him anything from the choice of words he pm'd me in irc one day because I didn't respond to him asking for compiling help.

&quot;last man standing&quot; sounds like fun
Maybe you should have your tournament mode to disable powerups and have arena-gameplay

I mean if you'd play rc_dm with the tournament mode on you can play the map but with arena gameplay, not dm

So you could play every map as arena, that'd be cool
A large 1-on-1 arena style map would be interesting.
That should be little or no coding changes too.
So I finally got a functional 'last man standing' mode last weekend. PnG, DL, and rUsh were my test subjects. I am however going to make it so that falls do count, otherwise people will just keep commiting suicide and DM won't be as fast paced. I still have to add a respawn timer that starts counting when the person dies.

Also, I disabled the spectate command when the LMS mode is enabled.

Next, I think I'll make a map var so that we don't have to change the game.cfg to activate the mode.

So left to do:

Put connecting players into spectate
Add wins
Respawn timer
Map variable
Test
Port to linux
Test

I think I'll add a section to the vadavaka website with all the 'stuff' we added and instructions for getting it to work.

Thanks Miagi :heartbeat: