Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Natural Selection
Does anyone know how to play NS i juust started trying it... i have no idea what do to exept choose a team and get eaten by aliens... so... i need some help... anyone no how to play and is very good?
look on an ns manual for help, or NS faq's, gl
if you have played starcraft, the objectives would make a little more sense. ns combines fps action w/ a mode of play usually found in a rts (real-time-strategy) game.

my advice is learn the commands right away, and at first, listen to your team since you don't know what your doing...especially ask the commander (and yes, commanders are usually incompetent but they probably have more experience than you and can see the whole map...plus the blame is more on them if u lose)...it's not a game where you can usually win by going off on your own and blasting away at the opponents. you need to practice good teamwork to win. w/ a good team, you can clear a map fast.
thanks but im having trouble learning all controls... do u no where to find em?
they are all the standard controls of any HL mod. the only difference is the popup menu. simply right click to bring it up, and you cans elect many things. for the aliens, evolve is for when you have enough resource points (blue bar, bottom left) to evolve into a different creature. you must have 1 hive to be a lerk (flying) skulk (like a zergling) or gorge (builder). 2 hives lets you also be a fade (big walking thing) and 3 hives lets u be an onos (kinda like a rhino). upgrading allows you to choose 1 of 3 upgrades from one of 3 upgrade types. there is speed, defense, and sensory. if the gorge on your team has made a building for one of these upgrades, you can upgrade to it. with marines the popup menu is useless unless you want to yell at your commander. if a building is dropped in front of you and isnt built, just go up to it and hold down "e" till it is built. you can tell if it is built by the circle around it on the bottom. to get ammo go to the armory (lik a soda can with 4 screens on it) the rest u kinda have to learn yourself, but thats the best summary i can provide.
thanks man
no problem. im always for the advancement of natural selection and tis players.
yeah, i would have to say that ns is the most impressive mod i have ever seen for hl. unfortunately, until i build my new comp., i can't play it properly.
My NS is ***I'm Stupid for Swearing***ed up some way it goes to the connecting screen and connects to the server, but never goes to the game :(
Oh well didnt like that game so much anyway.
Ps. If ur marines and they hav Fades before u get grenade throwers ur 85% done.
i like to play NS also so if you are bored IM me and we will get together.

frito
Is NS sold seperately from all other HL mods. I bought counter-strike but from my understanding it included nearly all of the mods with it, and this post is making Natural Selection sound mighty interesting. Perhaps I'm just an ignorant fool and didn't read the fine print. . .
ns, sadly, hasnt been picked up by valve. so that means that it is free, and only available on the internet. except cs is also free, but you can pay if you want! but dont be fooled, there are literally hundreds of mods out there, some of them lame, some amazing, some 1 player, some multi, that are only available on the internet.
freefall u can get ns at www.natural-selection.org it has a couple mirrors, id choose ausgamers.com mirror... its pretty fast

Firto do u have messenger or aim? easier to talk with it
fritoc on aim when im on or [email protected] for msn
weee if you guys are on irc come on over to #naturalselection ..its gonna be released tonight or tomorow who knows..but there are 313 ppl in the channel as i speak right now...tell all your friends..the record for most ppl in 1 channel is 3100 "not exact but close" this was when ns was first released:D
I downloaed the 90Mb file from file planet and it was corrupt... bad checksum =/

Oh well... ill try again some other time, its weird getting a corrupt file from file planet, is that normal?