Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"College" bound
Call it tech, call it uni, call it continuing education, doesnt matter what you call it, some of you are leaving (or not leaving) the comforts of the 'nest' in order to expand your horizons and continue your education.....where are you going and when? Will you still be able to play online with us or at least check the forums and hang out on irc?
Are you excited? nervous? and even more importantly have you packed? I hear raman noodles are a must:)
What are you taking to remind you of home?
Im taking a box of condoms to remind me of home, I dont use them, they are just for show.
I'm already here!!! Haha I just moved in today, it was pretty smooth and I'm all set up. I will definetly be able to game:) NOthing will ever stop that from happening. Right now I'm just sporting the computer and in two weeks or so I'll bring up the 360. I'll probably grab a camera and host up some pictures of my room soon. Right now its a little boring, my roommate isn't even here and it seems my floor is pretty empty. O yes, haha, I'll be attending University of Texas at San Antonio (about 3.5 hours away from home), but the plan is to transfer to University of Texas (in Austin, the main school) next year.
I'm at Marshall University. I'm up on the 15th floor so there's not too much to look forward to... lot of stuff to look down upon though. I moved in today like Quick. For the first 2 weeks I'm trying to stay out of trouble/things that will break away my concentration from studying so. I'm 2 hours away from home, and go from a town of 3000 to about 300,000. It's a new experience but everyone here is extremely friendly.
Welp, had my first fire drill last night at 1:30 in the morning. It was fun running down 15 flights of steps.... Then trying to catch the elevator to come back up.
' Wrote:Welp, had my first fire drill last night at 1:30 in the morning. It was fun running down 15 flights of steps.... Then trying to catch the elevator to come back up.

LOL Good way to start the college life.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
i read the first post too quick and thought she said unech instead of uni, even thought it would be lacking the e... intresting dillema of eunech unis...
I know alot of people have been to college, but I figured I'd post what my room is like. Also you can see the view that I have. I'm bringing my binoculars the next time I come back :P.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I can't wait to see what that room looks like in a couple more weeks:)
Fire drills and 8 oclock classes suck...
' Wrote:I can't wait to see what that room looks like in a couple more weeks:)
it'll look the same, just more empty bottles...:P
Heh, didn't even last a few weeks. The room already looks different... but in a good way. I moved furniture so my desk isn't by the door. My room mate ran in one day and I caught the door, and it hurt pretty badly. So I moved furniture... It's still neat though :P
I start monday. : / Uconn!
ITBA - Instituto Technologico de Buenos Aires.

I started begining of August.

Chemistry sucks in Spanish
i go back on 16th.. so i'll get ya pics of my room n stuff then^_^
First home football game tonight. (American football) So many drunk people... I just have that feeling I'll be running down 15 flights of steps tonight.
From the 1st of September have I been studying at the University Of Aalborg. It's located in northern Denmark :)(note the bold part).
The danish title of the education line would be "elektronik og elektroteknik". The english title might be "electronics and electrotechnics".
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
few pics of my new place. And the view from my window:)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

wow nice view, must cost a pretty penny/shilling/euro/loonie
not especially, student places tend to be pretty cheap.. It's like... $5000 ish for the 8 months i'm here.:)
Ensuite too - with a proper shower cubical instead of just a curtain. lol
[Image: zedorm1.jpg]

[Image: zedorm2.jpg]

[Image: zedorm3.jpg]

[Image: zedorm.jpg]
yogurt junkie
I've got about 10 more yogurts in the fridge:D I turn my fridge to the coldest level and they almost freeze up..they are so good that way! haha Though it also turns my water bottles to ice...
add alchol to the water... wont freeze anymore
i agree with anon..

k idon't think i really apply to this thread cause i'm not leavng home (school is only an hour away). but anyways, I'm in my second year of college majoring psychology (not sure about my minor yet, although i have taken many electives trying to find it). soooo i have no pictures of a dorm seeing as i'm living at home but as an add-on question what is everyone studying.... major/minor/electives and interests etc. I find school is one of the best places to meet ppl cause everyone in your classes has similar interests so finding out what you guys study also brings certain interests to the surface.
You count FF

I said some are not leaving the comforts of home:)and I agree majors and goals would be nice to know
you guys remember when g-boy went off to college? I bet he has graduated by now
Right now I have 20 credit hours, but I'm not getting credit for 2 hours worth because I don't feel like telling the college about the courses I'm in. If I did, I'd have to pay more next semester, so I'm just giving up my time. I'm a biology major, and a music minor. I have 4 classes on Monday, 3 on Tuesday, 3 on Wed, 5 on Thursday, and then 4 on Friday. Other then that I don't have much of a life. Although I did get out today for a floor program. We went and played kickball against the 14th floor. We lost horribly too.
wow that is a full load and then some, you are suppose to find time to enjoy college life......just ask Quick:)
The idea is to sign up for a load of them, but only go to half each week - alternating:Pthat way you get variety without overstocking your week:D
Ya i learned early on the joys of dropping a class when i realized i was overloaded. But then again that led to me losing my financial aid (75% completion rate needed, W counts as not-completed). Now im just taking 10 hours but getting 13 hrs of credit. 4 of those hours being a math class ive already taken and cant transfer back to Tech, another 4 being Chemistry in Spanish (SUCKS i dont recomend anyone doin that) and some bullshit course to fill hours. I have a lot of time now to travel and explore. O, im goin for the EE, Electrical Engineering with a Spanish minor. I highly encourage you all to look into study abroad. some of the best experiences you could ever have. Plus you can drink legally (and cheap in south america!), cant beat that.