Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simple Request (I Think)
Well, I was playin today, and it brought me back to way back when I was like the only regular that played RC. I always wanted to get rid of the points and add losses. So that way you could keep track of how many wins and losses u had. I dont think it will be that hard, but hell. I dont know a think about remaking maps and stuff. But thats all, hope to see u all later. B)
The scoreboard when you press tab is client side. So we would have to make everyone download our "homemade" client.dll. That's something I would want to avoid.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Plus that Client.dll stuff doesn't seem to work anymore with VAC2. (At least for me)
I don't know how many servers I've been in that require me to download stuff... it's really not that difficult and happens so fast (especially if they're small) that it's not a big deal at all. If all that it takes is a simple client side fix, I think it would be quite a travesty to not include it as I know Knight is not the only one who would want to see that.

I would like to see a scoreboard that includes Wins, Losses, Kills (decaps), Kills (pushes), Points, and Falls.

But who knows if that's even possible.. Someone should make something to where you can customize your scoreboard as to what you want... THAT would be cool. :thumb:
Client.dlls are small but can't be downloaded in game. That would be like starting "ricochet.exe" and changing it while it's running. So everyone would have to download it from our site.

The scoreboard would be possible afaik, and I want one like that, too, but still VAC2 won't allow it. So we'd have to disable VAC and change the client.dll back every time we wanted to play on another server.
Wow... it's KM ;o :heartbeat:
Looks like a no go:(... o well thanks for the response.

and yes Ichigo, just little old me. B)
' Wrote:The scoreboard when you press tab is client side. So we would have to make everyone download our "homemade" client.dll. That's something I would want to avoid.

Except we already have our "homemade" client.dll with the fixes and things. And would making the scoreboard alteration really require everyone on the server to use it? Since it's client side it shouldn't affect the server so people could just play as they do - whether they have our fixed dll or not, or the scoreboard altered dll or not. O.o
It's kind of not that simple. The client.dll scoreboard receives the scores and everything from the server. So you have to make the server send the scores to the players.

I'm not sure how the original client.dll will react to the server trying to send stuff that it doesn't even know what to do with or what will happen when the new client.dll doesn't receive scores from an old server.

I haven't done that much client side coding to figure out what is possible and what isn't as far as what will cause a client to crash. I'm still working on the last man standing gameplay mode, even though I only spend a few minutes on it whenever I feel like it :D, but when I'm done with that, I'll "experiment" with the client.dll.

Oh, and I'm not sure what nitro means when he says vac2 won't allow it. I have been running the client.dll that I have compiled and I can play on vac enabled servers.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

' Wrote:Oh, and I'm not sure what nitro means when he says vac2 won't allow it. I have been running the client.dll that I have compiled and I can play on vac enabled servers.

Strange. Steam kicked me from every server when I used the old client.dll since VAC2 was out.