Poll: What would you rather?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Xbox 360
16.67%
4 16.67%
Sony Playstation 3
16.67%
4 16.67%
A new PC
66.67%
16 66.67%
Total 24 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gaming choices
I plan on either getting either a 360, wait for the ps3, or build a new pc soon.
I'm kind of stuck between building a new pc or getting a 360.

With a new pc, it would play games better compared to my current system. Games such as hl2 and ke. Uh and other games.

But the 360 seems to have a lot of cool games also. Some fighting games just can't be played on the pc.

So since I can't decide, maybe everyone can post what they think of the choices. I'm guessing PnG and frooty will say the 360, but why?
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

I said 360. I don't see the point in upgrading for a new computer yet. You can run HL2, you're set.
You could wait on the PS3, but how long do you plan on waiting? Myself I am getting one but not till around this time next year. Plus not too much game wise has been shown even with the launch just under 2 months away. I would how off on it untill more is known and shown.

Actually I would not say 360 for sure for you. I play my 360 and PC both equally so I would not want to show bias.

I guess it all comes down to money. How much are you willing to spend?

You can upgrade your PC, but how much of an upgrade do you want to go? Some good stuff on the horizon for next year on the PC. Do you want to be able to play them at a certain decent level?

With the 360 you do get alot of games that will never be on a PC wheras a good majority of PC games eventually make it on to consoles. Though of course if you want to get into the mod side of games I would always go for the PC version.

You also have some added costs to the 360. If you want to play a retail game online then you will nee to subscribe to Xbox Gold. Want certain things on the marketplace? While there are a bunch of free stuff there is alot of what they call microtransactions. Stuff ranging from like $1.50 all the way to $15. In order to buy stuff on the marketplace you need points. You can buy cards in various stores. Last I looked 1600 points cost $20. These get tied into your account once you enter the code. You can also purchase points through the marketplace via your debit/credit card.

Also most new third party games on the 360 will hit you up for $59.99 the rest $49.99. There are a few recently that have been knocked down to $40 including a bunch of stuff that came out around last years launch.

I enjoy how much Xbox Live is connected through each game and the general service itself. A few times I would be playing one game and Quick another, but we were in a private chat seemlessly. The whole service flows pretty smoothly.

To me personally aside from a good assorment of games on both platforms (PC, 360) money is what it is going to come down to.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
PC technology has seemingly come to a stand still when you consider the rate of improvement afew years back, so your pc will probably be good to go for another year or 2 at least without having too much trouble running the newer games.
The PS3 (i think) will probably fall flat on it's face - but i'll probably get one a year or so after release when they ask a reasonable price for it, if only for FFXIII i'll have to get a ps3.
Currently i'd say x360 is the strongest, but it depends what genres you enjoy. x360 games tend to be very arcade based, ones you can pick up for 10mins and have a blast, or play for many hours straight on XBL. There's alot of competitiveness with the xbox - the games generally put you head to head with people and, I think at least, it pulls it off well with beat em ups and racing games (I'm thinking DoA4 and Burnout Revenge mainly here, there's also PGR3 if you prefer a more realistic race rather than arcade racing).
Enchanted Arms, being the first proper RPG for x360, has set a pretty decent standard if you're an RPG fan. It's nothing amazing or groundbreaking, infact it's probably one of the more simple RPGs i've played for years -- But it works, being linear and keeping the story going at a decent pace. There are a very few extra things to do, but that doesn't matter all that much - back tracking is pretty simple when you get nearer the end. As always with half-decent RPGs there's an "Omega Dungeon" (hardest boss in game after a long grueling dungeon task, basically for e-penis points to say you've done it, but you also get him as a Golem:P)
Erk.. i've blabbed on about enchanted arms :/

Anyhow, i'm pretty biased as 360 is the only thing i play, with the occasional spout on rico. As PnG says, the Xbox Live service is pretty well run, 99.9% uptime and reasonably lagless (unless your name is PnG, then there's ALOT of lag:P). Xbox is probably your best choice currently, for the next year or so at least. You could wait 12 months and review the situation then..

:)
Um... I have a pci graphics card and no agp slot. So, I can't play a lot of games reasonably.

I voted PC because I am wanting to build a new one so it is on my mind :P
Where's the Wii in this poll?
I'm not gonna buy a wii so I didn't put it:P.

' Wrote:I'm not gonna buy a wii so I didn't put it:P.

oooooooh, I see....
You're wanting US to make your decision for you. :P
Nope. I actually decided to go with the pc. :PI just wanted to see if anyone had any good points on getting a 360.

well i did, but now that you've made up your mind...
poo poo scadoo png.... poo poo scadoo...

wait... what the f....

PS3's latest flurry of awesomeness is looking intresting... i don't know....
Hmmm let's see...

500+ for a game console named "Xbox 360"
600+ for a game console named "Playstation 3"

600 for a MONSTER pc that can do SO MUCH more than ps3 & xbox could ever do....

You do the math:)
' Wrote:Hmmm let's see...

500+ for a game console named "Xbox 360"
600+ for a game console named "Playstation 3"

600 for a MONSTER pc that can do SO MUCH more than ps3 & xbox could ever do....

You do the math:)

If you are just upgrading a couple parts on your PC then yeah. If you are building from scratch a "MONSTER" PC is going to run you more than $600. You using the word monster I am assuming top of the line parts so correct me if I am wrong.

The way consoles are being made and for what they do they are becoming more PC like with every new release.

Sure you can do alot of other things on a PC, but if are the type of person just interested in gaming and/or just doesn't want to deal with upgrading parts over time consoles to me are a better investment money wise. The fact that you can do other stuff on the PC is kinda pointless as that is not what was originally asked by Miagi. He specifcally asked about Gaming.

Myself I like them all, but I know alot of people that just don't like PC gaming cause they just don't want to get involved in the hardware side of things and just like buying the game and sticking it in. No worries about tweaking it to get it to run if there is a problem etc.

Each has their pros and cons. I choose a mix to satisfy my needs. To each their own though. There is no bad choice.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
lol..

My PC is actually named Monster.