Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RicoSource Maps - Your suggestions
I've seen a lot of cool map layout around here.

So... If you want me to convert some of your map ideas to Ricochet: Source: let me know :thumb:
Ricochet: Source - Head mapper
do you work for valve or something??
I'm working for http://www.ricochet-source.com - A small moding team
Checked out the site and registered... VERY nice! Also added some posts to the BB. I like the idea, hope there's a strong follow-through. :thumb:
I registered also. Its hard getting forums going but now that the people around here know about it you will probably see more members registered.
Good luck guys and welcome to the community.
Wonder if they will change that front news now.

The leader still hasn't changed it. I posted on the steampowered forums and this was his last post.

"I was aware of your community but I was not aware that you had made "fixes" to the game Ricochet, I was also un-aware that you where a largely dedicated Ricochet community. Upon registering on your forums I was unable to see any further evidence of Ricochet fixes or Ricochet forums."

Even though about 95% of the people who will even register on his site are from this community or play on servers with our patches. I say 95 since there is a large number of german players who do not play on the vadavaka servers nor registered members, but atleast they have our patch.

It's one of those things where credit is due for credit earned.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

Nice offer SR

I like Ricochet the way it is, but the idea of making a ricochet source gets people excited and that is a good thing, maybe we will have >100 servers again some day.

I believe all three of the developer's on the http://www.ricochet-source.com forums have registered here now, and are validated, so we can all keep in touch with each other.

Please make sure you check out our Ricochet forums and there might be some stuff of interest in our IT-Geeks hangout forums too. We have quiet a few developer's in the community that have been working on our favorite lil mod for a few years and every time they give us something new we get excited.
Im all for a source port but i still dont see what it will change. I would think the better physics would make the movement in the air worse.
maybe not neccessarily worse, but it would be changed for sure. Hopefully the source engine has a lot of options to alter the air physics like the orginal hl engine did.
lol a ricochet source the idea of this has me laughing in tears lol. seriously just think about it. WHAT POSSIBLE affects or special things can be done to this game?!?! lol. I mean you play in 1st person mode and you cant see yourself do flips and stuff but only other people. What is ricochet source gonna have some air jordans where you can like fly across the map and jump over the bars?

jumping over the bars wouldn't change any thing anyway. I just dont see any improvement on this game. Maybe the graphics could be better sure.. but who the hell needs graphics for that game? Im just thinking right now and on top of the dome I dont see nothing that could be improved lol.

well good luck with ricochet source. I agree with grits I like the way it is and if you guys change the way ricochet is as far as air movement go it will make the game worse and people just wont be able to have that same style and that same grasp in the air and stuff. It will just ruin the game totally in my opnion.

and in ricochet 99 percent of the shots are not decapped by ACTUAL head. the decapitation comes from the legs or the waist mostly. so maybe when we decap a certain point of the body I guess that certain point where that disk sliced you will cut in half in ricochet source.

But if you guys changed the way the movement was and all that no one will play probably. Ijust dont like source I wasted my money on DoD,Cs:S. in DoD source they ruined the class I was good at and that I totally was bananas at. And that was the grenadier they ruined the way the gun works and just nerfed the shit out of it.

For Cs:s you cant throw grenades in certain spots that go through something. And in Cs:S I could be aiming at the arm and get like a headshot.

So for ricochet source you wont be able to umm strafe in mid air no more? cuz that's not realistic?

well that's just what I have to say:P.
~Your Ticket To The Future is Always Blank~
' Wrote:I mean you play in 1st person mode and you cant see yourself do flips and stuff but only other people.

I enabled third-person in the last client.dll that was uploaded :P.
<@Miagi> !8 Am I spamming?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Yes.
<@Miagi> !8 Should I stop?
<@ChanServ> Miagi: Oh, please, PLEASE, make it stop!

I didn't say anything so the thread didn't get spammed with Off-Topic (the topic is still RC:S-Maps!) but I totally agree with Vashether. And third-person will be harder to play for many people and still you won't see the uber detailed new models when they move fast.

Well as maps I'd take the original ones excluding DM2 because that map just sucks and is a 90% spam map.
My map (rc_carom) would be nice but it still has a bug (you can shoot through the red and blue wall-thing in the middle from one of the sides, but that shouldn't work anymore in Source) plus the jumps are a bit too slow so that it's hard to hit people, a bit like in DM2. Oh yeah and one of the jumps is laggy at pings above 100 even with the fixed client.dll, what should be automatically fixed with the Source portation, too, unless the Source engine makes everything even more laggy.
seriously guys. You shouldn't compare other source mods with RicoSource.
We are not VALVe, who buys good mods, and make a sh*t of money by porting it crappy to Source. We're RicoClassic fans, too, and want to make a good mod for everybody (even the RicoClassic haters)

1. Air movement is about 100% the same as in RicoClassic.
2. We will keep the classic things like decap (even if you hit leg etc)
3. in Source we got a lot of nice possibilities. You should read the FAQ first, instead of flaming RicoSource to death.
The FAQ

Back to topic:
Quote:Well as maps I'd take the original ones excluding DM2 because that map just sucks and is a 90% spam map.
DM1, DM2 and Arena are already 100% included.
Quote:My map (rc_carom) would be nice but it still has a bug (you can shoot through the red and blue wall-thing in the middle from one of the sides, but that shouldn't work anymore in Source)
I'll take a look. You got the .map file for me? it would make my job easier ^^
Just to clarify.

Air movement is virtually the same as it was in Ricochet if not better.

We are still in first person ... not third person

Either today or tomorrow I will be making a progress report on the modification.
:offtopic:Alright guys....this has changed from an offer to source maps to a debate on sourcing ricochet.
lets try and take it back to topic.
you want to vent your opinions? I will create a debate poll for you.:thumb:
yea, please post your maps here, if you want them in RicoSource.

I will also search some maps around here
I would like to see a two-platform map.