Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you get your screen name?
topic in IRC..... how are we going to explain our nicknames aka screen names to our children and grandchildren and it proceeded to...how did you get your nickname.

Some stories are funny some are sad. Some people have so many it will be hard to decide which one to tell us about....oh go ahead tell us about them all:)

I had vadavaka when I played HL. I was looking for something unusual and creative. It was a word I learned in my younger days and it looked cool and was fun to say. It was also easy to shorten to vad
when I started playing ricochet, I wanted something a bit less risque' so I chose GRITS for girl raised in the south.
thats it nothing exciting on my part:)

your turn
less risque?...whatever do you mean?
originally i was [pYr0]2301 in '96 till about '99, dunno how that name came across.. just picked it out of my head basically.. at the time Fr0oTy came along, i was playing a mod called FireArms.. i had a friend nicked "toutin" which was easily made into Tooty.. so as a joke i became frooty.. to make it frooty tooty.. but the name kinda stuck..
then i changed afew into Ichigo, just cause i was due an alias change...
Well as I said this story is kinda bad on how I got my name, but it all started in the 9th grade my freshmen year, first period my friend and I tried purple haze, if you do not know what that is it is a form of acid, yes I know bad, but I tried it and I do admit I liked it and by third period I was really out of it I guess I can say and on my teachers desk the bottom part I saw a churchwindow type looking picture that was crystal clear and I saw a green dragon with blue crystal water around it of course I was the only one who saw it and started laughing really loud in class and I got in trouble and was sent to the back and I was telling my friends what I saw and after that day people started calling me the "DragonLady" so I liked that name and it stuck with me and it turned out I really fell in love with fantasy dragons so it kind of all worked out so yeah that is my story.:)
just a cool sounding word
I fall a lot in ricochet.... it just fit.
In earlier times while playing Half-life games, I named myself to "RT-fact" because I thought it was a smart form from the original word "Artifact". Unfortunately, people simply call me "Fact", since they were too lazy to spell right or wanted to type it quickly. I also noticed that they never knew my name's origin.
Later, since I was a fan of the Rockman.exe anime, I named myself "Searchman.exe", in OP4 particularly. When I was a fan of "Sharkman.exe", I named myself that way and were more known that way. You can find me with that name in Mafix.net stats.
Finally, I wanted a smarter name when it reminds me "RT-fact", I renamed myself to Savage Shark after some brief name choices. It was inspired by Metal Gear Solid, since the bosses usually entitle themselves by specific animals with adverbs of their backgrounds, like "Psycho Mantis", "Revolver Ocelot" etc.

And that's how the Savage Shark came alive!
Savage shark, the one who can mostly predict his opponent's next move.
When I lag, there are good news and bad news. Good news for me (sometimes) and bad news for you. If you have complaints about my lag, tell my neighbor. (No really, you have my apologies)

Discs don't push and kill people. We do!
You can't escape the shark, especially when it's got a disc.<!--sizec-->
<!--/sizec-->

[Image: kustin.png]
8-up was an evolution.

In the beginning, there was Player (well...&quot;El Chico&quot; if you go back to my first online screen name).
But Player... Halflife TFC was my first real encounter with an online multiplayer game (except for a text-based MUDD - but that doesn't count, and I can't remember the name I used anyway...RiffRaff maybe).

After that, there were various names I used more than others.

PossibleSideEffects
stYle
self
Player
Daisy J
DaiJen
Crash

Those are the ones I can remember.

8-up is a play on words stemming from the less-than-popular phrase &quot;ate up&quot; combined with the soft drink 7-up. It comes more from &quot;ate up&quot; but I noticed an insidious similarity to 7-up when spelled with an 8. (I don't particularly like 7-up, but it works).

While I was in basic training for the U.S. Army, the Drill Sergeants weren't necessarily allowed to call someone stupid, crazy, or something like that -- so they told me I was ate up.

I wanted a name that would match my style of reckless and aloof playing -- especially since quite a few of my teammates would say things like &quot;wtf are you doing?&quot; ... 8-up was the pick.
I was walking down the street one day and there was a guy selling shoes that were cut in half, you could buy either the front part of the shoe or the back part, and I saw he was making a ton of money doing this. So I thought I could do the same, so I went and bought a bunch of shoes and cut them all in half to prepair for the comeing days sale, but when I tried to sell them no one was buying, so I decided to sell the back half of the shoe for a set price and give the front half of the shoe for free with every sale, so when people would walk by I would say &quot;buy the back half and get &quot;free toes&quot; and they sold like wild fire and I got to be known as the freetoeman.:D

as for &quot;grape ape&quot; I loved the cartoon when I was a kid :P
' Wrote:I was walking down the street one day and there was a guy selling shoes that were cut in half, you could buy either the front part of the shoe or the back part, and I saw he was making a ton of money doing this. So I thought I could do the same, so I went and bought a bunch of shoes and cut them all in half to prepair for the comeing days sale, but when I tried to sell them no one was buying, so I decided to sell the back half of the shoe for a set price and give the front half of the shoe for free with every sale, so when people would walk by I would say &quot;buy the back half and get &quot;free toes&quot; and they sold like wild fire and I got to be known as the freetoeman.:D

as for &quot;grape ape&quot; I loved the cartoon when I was a kid :P

really? I thought you just liked fritos...
Always been my name, from Starcraft to now.

Just wanted something that would put respect and fear into my opponents. B)
ummm.
I use to watch this anime trigun a few years ago and he was a gunman who rarely ever missed a shot.

So I felt like since I had good aim and I would hit people in the air out of no where when I got good I named myself Vash.Ace.Shot

And the Vash&quot;ETHER&quot; part came from the NAS and Jay-z battle. The song ether where Nas was like it's that ether that shit that make your soul burn slow! in the song.

That was a cold part of the song and I kept playin that song on repeat for like weeks while I was playin ricochet.

I would beat people in arena and eventually and slowly throw off their whole game to where they cant do anything.
~Your Ticket To The Future is Always Blank~
Mine came from me saying My Toes are cold... only I ran together Toes and are, so it came out Toesare. So I made it cooler looking, Tozzar.

The turtle came from me being big and slow. (not really I used to have one as a pet (caught him myself... he was almost too fast.))

Oh and then there's T. And that's because G gave it to me since I used nothing but T names. Turtle, Tozzar. Emit (it's Time backwards. someone already had Time on KE.)

(The Tozzar thing isn't true, it just sounds good. I dunno how I got it, just used it.&quot;
Umm i dunno i was slayer didnt like thought to myself i need a new name and all sudden Scope poped up in my head there you go that is how i am Scope
&quot;I didn't do it&quot;

[Image: scope.gif]

[Image: jason.gif]

&lt;a href=&quot;http://z8.invisionfree.com/General_Community/index.php&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://traininautism.com/Buttons/CLICK-HERE.jpg&quot;&gt;
my first one pressman was from a long time ago. came from a primus song i liked.

my second came from someone who called me a wanksta in cs one day and so i just changed my name to it to make him mad and just kept it.

after awhile of using this name people wanted a new name so that they wouldnt have to call me wank so i used rocky:P

my new one, stankWa came from when me and freefall (fallfree) were mixing up the letters in our names to make new ones so i liked it and stuck with it.

Wanaka is my tribal version of wanksta:Pthis came from when i was drinking one day and mispelled my name pretty drastically and was like thats fun to say. so thats how i got Wanaka:P
Well... the secret is about to be revealed... are you READY???? ROCK!<!--sizec--><!--/sizec-->

So before I got into aim and all of that stuff (WAY before cs/tfc/rico) I had to come up with a name and being that there are BILLIONS of names out there... I decided to start putting multiple words together to create a name.

My first creation (back in like 9th grade) was RageKorn but I grew quite tired of that because I wasn't REALLY into either of those bands....

Then I came up with HaloSchism which was cool but still not quite my thing....

After that was Thought.Crimes which, of course, is based off of one of my ALL-TIME favorite books &quot;1984.&quot; It worked for a while but just wasn't what I was looking for.

Then after sitting thinking for about 3 minutes one day... I thought of my favorite FF7 character (Cloud) and one of my favorite bands (Fuel) and BADDA BOOM BADDA BING.... CloudFuel was created.

---------

Throughout my time people have tried to come up with a meaning for it... from &quot;farting&quot; to &quot;heavenly gas&quot; to &quot;wind&quot; but so far we've yet to come up with a solid meaning.

To Be Continued - :0
' Wrote:Umm i dunno i was slayer didnt like thought to myself i need a new name and all sudden Scope poped up in my head there you go that is how i am Scope

Were you brushing your teeth at the time?
I remember when you picked 'scope' we were all heavily into CS and we were playing the sniper map a lot:thumb:
Well I got mine years and years ago when I didn't even have a connection to the net.

My first name is Martin.
I've always liked to reverse words so I got Nitram and I just turned that into Nitro. The caps and the ! have no meaning, the brackets came from [JW|NITRO!].

My second screen name is [GNR], which I took a few months ago. At that time I was playing pretty bad and I just thought &quot;GNRR!&quot; so I changed my name to [GNR].

Mr. Peanut came from &quot;&lt;DragonLady&gt; oh peanuts in vads&quot;;)

I think that was all.
In my early gaming days WAY back I had a very plain name I think I went by Sgt. Sniper. Not very original at all. Then back in 2001 I can't remember why or how or anything but I think it had something to do with my father eating a steak... And CowEater.. It discribes who I am and what I want to be when I grow up. I dont see me changing the name anytime soon, not to mention I know of only 1 other person in existance that uses the name.
well..since I got 2 names Ill explain both:D

bluejumper(blue, jumpee, BJ etc etc etc):
You might know that I played cs before the great days of ricochet. in cs I needed a cool name which has something to do with shooting/terrorism/cs. I took bluebean which is a translation of the german saying &quot;blaue Bohnen&quot; which is a methaphor for bullets. then I started playing rico and had thousands of names..cant remember one hehe. one day I used bluebean again and on this day I met Iluvatar who was going under the nick SuicideJumper. He invited me to join the Jumpwarriors-clan and I did. and since he had -jumper in his name and I was in the jumpwarriors-clan I thought it would be cool to be a jumper myself so bluebean became bluejumper :D

gragoon(grag, graginat0r, noogarg etc etc etc):
one day I met a guy called [JMU]Dragonforce on a server and we played some time together there. I wanted to say something including his name but I wrote gragon instead of dragon. I found gragon to be a really cool name so I used it for a while. some days later olbest and I where in teamspeak and played rico. I used my new nick and he saw it and pronoucend it &quot;gragoon&quot; which I found was an even cooler name:)
Were you brushing your teeth at the time?

Umm i didnt even no about the toothpaste then that was like 3-4 yrs ago or however long ago it was.
&quot;I didn't do it&quot;

[Image: scope.gif]

[Image: jason.gif]

&lt;a href=&quot;http://z8.invisionfree.com/General_Community/index.php&quot;&gt;&lt;img src=&quot;http://traininautism.com/Buttons/CLICK-HERE.jpg&quot;&gt;
scope is mouthwash :\
yea that's why we have a swear filter. Grits put scope inside the servers!!!
'I want my mouthwash' is a replacement name for people who come in as &quot;Player&quot; I did that in honor of Scope:)there are also some others, one I put in for Nitro that is in german and &quot;I want my fritos&quot; .....I will let you guess who that one is in honor of:)

we can always change those if you guys have any suggestions,
Right after I changed them I had someone ask me who Honigkuchenpferd was, said he shows up all the time but is a total noob:lol:
FuzzyShoting?
I just wanted a really uniq nick. And made up with the Fuzzy part first, then came up with Shooting, but because of some nickname limit it became FuzzyShoting. Spoken as: Fuz-zy-Shot-ing.

Make a google search and all results coming up is on me. Uniq!
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
Got it from a book. I don't have the books in front of me so I'm going to forget the specific book, but it comes from the Shannara series. I just thought it was an all around cool/unique name. And then GRITS crushed that idea when she told me that it also came from the movie/tv show Hylander. O well, I use Quickening at every forum I am apart of, and Quickening315 for my AIM and Xbox Live.
i always thought you got your name from highlander. The quickeninggggggggggggggggggggggg.
' Wrote:i always thought you got your name from highlander. The quickeninggggggggggggggggggggggg.

same here..
Had to pick a name when my friends wanted me to start playing day of defeat, so i picked a song i liked(the noose~the offspring), and took that as my name and it's been that since then.

I've had several other not so good names, but i've always come back to this name. I've never run into anyone that uses it ever, and if it's something like xfire, then the acount is inactive. So, if i have to i use n0ose because some idiot made an acount everywhere and never uses it :/