Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I enjoy a good 1 vs 1
So I was playing steam (I know, ew gross) for a bit, but I had some good fun playing against someone that knew what they were doing unlike the usual mindless steam player. All in all it was damn even (until razor 9 came in and started terrorizing:(). Good game Noxious, I hope I can come accross more players from the forums on steam.

P.S. When I say
Quote:I hope I can come accross more players from the forums on steam.
That means get your asses on steam now;)
aw. . I play steam sometimes, Not very often but i do play it whenever I feel like a change, or see a familiar name on. It's just so wierd. I suppose once you're used to it it is fine though.
i never downloaded steam before....
whats so weird about it?
Scrye,May 30 2004, 04:19 PM Wrote:i never downloaded steam before....
whats so weird about it?
Off the top of my head, no bounce sound when you hit an arrow (can hear your opponent though), use key bug is usable, it seems to be on average quite a bit laggier than the WON servers, in general the players aren't very bright (about 1/10 people on steam are worth talking to), disc animation seems to be poor making it hard to see a disc coming sometimes, and in general the players aren't very good.
I just dropped by to say ello :/....
The worst thing by far is the lag on the jumps. The rest i can deal with.
I would like to play arena on steam sometime. When do you guys usually play?
uh pimpteen your birth date says you are like 19-20 i dont get the name i guess.
Well my theory is that instead of the bouncing off the yellow pads being handled client-side, it is handled server-side in steam. That's why if you have a poor ping to a server, you fall through the yellow arrow until it updates from the server and makes you bounce. This is also why you can supposedly land on a pad then be flying backwards as if you had bounced.
you fall through the arrow no matter your ping...it just happens all the time.
FreeFall,Jun 1 2004, 03:31 PM Wrote:you fall through the arrow no matter your ping...it just happens all the time.
No, this rarely happens. Take it from someone who has been playing on Steam for three or four weeks now at least an hour a day;)Perhaps I have adapted to Steam since it's the only place I play but I can't even recall falling through an arrow it's been so long now.

PS- GG's 16:)
Naw I agree, you fall through the arrow no matter what. It's your ping that determines how far you fall. If you have a good ping it just seems like you're lagging a bit as you jump.