Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strange Problem Occuring in Firefox
Hey,

I have been encountering a type of "Display Bug" on the Ricochet Source website for sometime now. This bug only occurs in "Firefox" and only effects the center section of the site. I have attempted to fix it but I have been unable to find the cause. Here is the problem:

When you first load the website up in Firefox the website will look like this:

http://www.ricochet-source.com/errorno1.jpg
As you can see the center section is totally out of alignment

When you hit the "Refresh" button the website will then go back to the way it should look:
http://www.ricochet-source.com/noerrorno.jpg

To recreate this bug visit www.ricochet-source.com , if everything is aligned correctly goto
"Tools >> Clear Private Data... >> Click "Cache""

This then for some unkown reason causes the center section of the site to go out of alignment.
I am really not sure why this bug is occurring, wondered if any of you would have any ideas ?
I believe it's the way Firefox and IE are playing with the css.

I noticed your HTML actually changes when you refresh your screen.
From what I've seen, that extra HTML can affect the location of your css-placed objects.

I have no idea why it does that, but it does.

Here's an example...the two images are for the same page. The first is the initial, the second is after the refresh. I pressed the Page Down key the same number of times on each of them.

[attachment=2615:attachment] [attachment=2616:attachment]

And change this...

[attachment=2617:attachment]
Thanks for your help but I have taken down the site and forums for a redesign.

The site did not really have the "Ricochet" feel to it.
:(
' Wrote::(

It is for the best, the design that used to be online was a design I made about two years ago and was about 95% HTML and 5% CSS (With some PHP and Javascript). The site did not really have the "Ricochet" feel to it and also the site was very hard to expand on, also it was very hard to make a forum skin to match. There where several critical design bugs including a bug in Opera and the bug above in Firefox, these where big design bugs that really stopped me from making the site more public.

The new design will be virtually 100% CSS (With some PHP and Javascript), compatible in all browsers, have the "Ricochet" feel to it that I am so trying to bring across, easier to expand on and a matching forum skin to accompany all this.

-

In the coming weeks I will be contacting several members from this community and asking if you would test out Ricochet Source, hopefully you can make sure if Ricochet Source really is the successor to its predecessor.