Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My song.
I didn't really know if this is where we're allowed to post our songs or not (if you want to call it a song...) Anyhow give me some feedback if you like it or not. Truth is the best thing.

"A Life Well Played"
It's been a long long time
Since I left that little town
I payed off all my debts
And said my fairwells
Many of you laughed at me
None of you cried

You laughed at me then
You laugh at me now
When I become famous
Many will want my love
But I'll shut the door on you
Like you did when I was there

It has been a long long time
Since I've back home
Family left - thought I was poor
They ran away from that home
Locked up all those doors

So I'm building these walls
To keep all of you out
Leaving the lights on
Just to tourture your wants
You made my life a living hell
So the joke is on you now
Because I'm doing so well
With my life well played.
Wow T it is sad but it is good...little on the morbid side...
did you write music with it too? what kind? the only line that threw me was the "Since I've back home" didnt know if something was left out or if I just didnt know the jargon these days..;)
I use to write poetry in my younger days...I never was any good at it so I always appreciate people who can put stuff together.

btw this is exactly what is suppose to be in this forums...anytime people put 'pen to paper'
we have quite a few musicians in the crowd
its good stuff, very relatiable to people today, with the leaveing home and all, keep up the good work :thumb:
Looks good Turtle, wondering the same as GRITS...do you have any music to go with it? I'd like ot hear/see it^_^
ditto
Well... I use to have music to this song, but I lost the file that I had it recorded on. And GRITS the part that goes Since I've back home... it should When I came back home. So I'm sorry that I don't have the music anymore.... if I ever get around to it I'll try and rewrite the song...