Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PHP and POP3
Anyone know how to read messages from Gmail using PHP?
' Wrote:Anyone know how to read messages from Gmail using PHP?
you realize php is a website code, not a mail protocol? do you meen pop3 or something else?
' Wrote:you realize php is a website code, not a mail protocol? do you meen pop3 or something else?

Here is what I mean....

' Wrote:
' Wrote:you realize php is a website code, not a mail protocol? do you meen pop3 or something else?

Here is what I mean....

like an email client code or email checker or something? I imagine you might be able to use an rss reading code cause you can have you email syndicated in rss form, though i've never quite got that working
Yep, just an email checker.

Something that will download my email text and display it for me.
http://dk.php.net/imap this should get you started if you gonna program it yourself.
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]
I don't really care too much about writing my own.

I'm not really a PHP guru, so I have no idea how some of those functions work.

If I can find something that's already been made that will just retrieve the messages, I can do what I want with it on my side.

All I really want to know how to do at this point is successfully connect to gmail, grab my new mail messages, and display them as text on my browser window.

I know how to display them, so it's the other ones that I need.

I don't really need to connect using the SMTP. I can do what I want using the mail() function.
Then all you need is to find a php class or function that fetches msg's from a POP3 server. You should check out phpclasses.org then.
Well, I'm INVISIBLE AGAIN ... I might as well pay a visit to the LADIES ROOM ...
Without ice cream life and fame are meaningless.
[Image: stoned.jpg]