Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bioshock
The bad news is the game has got pushed back to a late August release namely the 21st for the US and the 24th for those in Europe. Though that is now a solid date compared to the general "Spring" that was being tossed around up until now. The good news is a second movie has come out for it.

For those that have not seen the first movie from last May it can be seen at the games website. Here is a link to the movie page http://www.2kgames.com/bioshock/html/download.htm. Click on the E3 one. You can stream it or download it.

The movie is about 15 minutes long. It is narrated by one of the developers. It gives you some background on the underwater city of Rapture and a few of the characters like the "Big Daddy" and the "Little Sisters". It also goes on to show you some of the game's mechanics and how to use some of your. special abilities. You will also notice the nice water effects the game uses.

The second movie popped up a few days ago on Gamespot. This one is not narrated. A little shorter at around 7 minutes long it focuses on showing you how to effectively kill one of those Big Daddy's if you decide to fight one. Movie also showcases the ability to have the AI fight each other to help you get by certain situations. Best part in the movie in my opinion is toward the end when the teddy bear is put on fire and thrown around. This second movie can be found here: Movie 2. Ir is the one on top labeled Official Movie 2. Don't mind the 360 label on it as the game is coming to both the 360 and the PC.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
lol this is what I got when I entered my date of birth on the screen that ask for it before viewing the video

I must be to old to buy video games, so they dont waste there time showing me the video

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Nah, the problem is you're using Internet Explorer.
this looks like an awesome game, I just watched the introduction trailer so there wasnt much action but the graffixs are killer. Would be cool if they make it multiplayer with teams of goodguys and badguys.
There will be no multiplayer mode. I'll definitely take a look at that game though when I get a new comp.
Yeah they are focosing on the Single Player only. I heard them say multiplayer would not work cause of the way the story is it would not make sense. There really isn't bad guys and good guys as the way the game is set up you can be just as evil. As the narrator says in the first movie they let the player make moral choices as to how they want to play.

Here is the wiki that gives some more of the story and some info on characters in the game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioshock
New video with interview. Water effects scene towards the last few minutes is nice. Its almost 17 minutes long, but worth it.

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/12134