Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
28 ways to dissolve boredom
A couple days ago, sage and I went to go see a british film called 28 Days Later.
GO SEE THIS MOVIE.
There are many things that you might dissuade you from seeing it, like it's foreign, it's british, it was made in brit-land, or it's foreign. Don't be fooled! The quality of their cameras may be low, but the movie itself was spectacular.
The rest of you will be afraid that it is, well, it's a Zombie flik. This is True (aka, "not false").
But it is a very good zombie flik. It even touches on humanity, and all of its gore-creating issues.
Basically, thse story is about a guy, who wakes up (get ready ladies) stark naked in a hospital bed waving his manhood all over the screen. This isn't the interesting part (though some may disagree); while the audience is noticing Cillian Murphy's dingaling, Murphy (Jim) is noticing that London is deserted. No one. Nothing. Just a naked hunk and an empty city.
What to do, what to do....
GO SEE IT.
It's worth the money. And the brits won't atack you if you do. Really.
Also, the site is all kinds of gnarly. go there too. it's frrrrrrreee.
(diercted by danny boyle, well-known brit and englishman)
I saw it a while ago... I believe the quality of the picture being low was done on purpose, trying to be artistic. It was okay, not spectacular. I think the problem I had is that it was so much different than what I expected... I expected more of a thing where it was a band of people trying to survive, but really it wasn't about that at a certain point, they turned it into one of those microcosm stories. Maybe it was just taking after Lord of the Flies in a really odd way. Anyway, I'm considering seeing it again because they are going to start showing an alternate ending in theaters starting around July 25 I believe.

Oh yeah, I remembered I caught several flaws in the movie. Like how the guy wakes up from this coma that is evidently over 28 days (we don't even really know how long he was in a coma), and yet he gets up and is walking perfectly fine, thinking relatively clearly... please. I was in a hospital ICU, bedridden, for about a week before I could start walking again. It took a couple of days of using walkers, getting help from a physical therapist, before I could even keep decent balance. Took much longer once I was released after 9 days just to walk normally and with comfort. This guy was running within moments... what the hell? And how did he survive for so long without the care of doctors? Why is it that he shaves only once, and never sprouts another hair for a few days? Where is everyone? Even if only half the population turned into "zombies," things would not look so deserted.
This movie is showing in Colorado Springs?
evil_admin,Jul 18 2003, 07:30 PM Wrote:This movie is showing in Colorado Springs?
oddly enough, it was showing at the bigass corporate monster theater, not at Kimball's, where it should have been playing.

and indeed, there were many flaws in the movie, and a lot of it is unexplained. that was a downfall. when you're in a hospital bed for more than a day, without walking, you need help just to get up to pee. none of that was realistic.
and the shaving thing, too. he goes almost a month, we assume, without shaving, and he looks normal. then he shaves/cuts his hair, and is all of a sudden a beautiful long-lashed model.

and perhaps the "infected" didn't go for him because they thought he was dead. maybe if more people started playing dead, as you would do when a bear comes along, then they would've survived. instead, they all panic, and end up dead (or...half dead).

who can tell?:huh: