Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relay for life
Hey guys, im doing relay for life with Uconn and I would greatly appreciate it if any of you would like to make a donation. Basically, for your donation I will be walking for 24 hours, along with the rest of my team. Sponsor a great cause : ) Click on the link if you would like to make a donation.
https://www.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorP...supId=169317975

heres the email they ask us to send out.

Relay For Life is an overnight event that brings our community together to help support the American Cancer Society and its lifesaving mission to eliminate cancer as a major health problem. The Society works hard every day to prevent cancer and save lives by supporting groundbreaking research, affecting public policies that protect us from cancer, and educating people on how to prevent or detect cancer early. The Society helps people with cancer right here in our own community, and Relay supporters help the American Cancer Society to keep working toward a cancer-free future.

I want to invite you to show your support in the ongoing fight against cancer by joining us for this year’s event. Please click on the link below for more information, including details on the inspirational Survivors’ Lap and Luminaria Ceremony. We hope to see you there! If you can’t join us, will you please visit the site and make a donation to support our efforts? Either way, you will make a real difference in the lives of people facing cancer – and in the lives of the people who love them. Thank you!

For state fundraising notices and the American Cancer Society’s Privacy Policy, please paste this link into your browser: http://www.cancer.org/docroot/SU/su_0.asp
:blink:These are great. I participated in something similar to this last year.
A good time was had by all.

Someone give CowEater some money for me.
everything helps!
i'm doing something similar, i'll sleep for 12 hours and you can all send me money for it:)the proceeds go to a very poor student who has no money, so it's a good cause i'm sure you'll agree^_^

Cow whens the deadline? cause i don't have any money for at least 2 weeks :/
: ) i believe april 14 is the last online date to donate. by the way from the main page click on sponsor a participant, then put in my name Alex Poulos. Then Donate! : ) forgot to add that
' Wrote:: ) i believe april 14 is the last online date to donate. by the way from the main page click on sponsor a participant, then put in my name Alex Poulos. Then Donate! : ) forgot to add that
this link should work.

http://www.acsevents.org/faf/home/default....A7C454515E63A3F
The first link automatically puts in your real name as the connection.
GRITS Your amazing. Thank you so much. :heartbeat:
Coweater's total was passed by a couple others on his team, if each of us give $5 or $10 we could push him to the front.....plus it is tax deduction Help out Cow
' Wrote:Coweater's total was passed by a couple others on his team, if each of us give $5 or $10 we could push him to the front.....plus it is tax deduction Help out Cow
Starts friday at 5. Will have lots of pictures. Ill let you know our total. Our cptn. Is actually ###### which is cool other than the fact our Team t-shirts are Pink and black Lol. I can say our tent is going to be decorated! Will have lots of pictures as promised. XD
Went awesome! raised over 60k for cancer.Ill be posting pictures this week our group of only 9 people raised 1800$ it was great! and a ton of fun, I think i have a video of some break dancing also!
cool thanks for sharing with us
Next good cause to donate to: Pay for Noose's College and Med School Tuition! YAY! Though we're gonna need a bit more money than that relay :/
Uconn total was 86,000$
Isnt there a way to upload pics directly? or do i have to post it somewhere else first
you could upload them to an image sharing site like imageshack or photobucket and insert them into the posts.
You can upload up to 500mb directly. Look for "File Attachments" at the bottom when you're posting... If I recall correctly there is no limit to the number of files attached.
Pics!

Isnt the girl in the Team_Rock picture absolutely beautiful. Im pretty sure im in love with her, but she has a boyfriend. And likes guys with blue eyes. Ive actually thought about going and buying contacts. Can you tell I like her much?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Not much walking going on:)

which girl? they are all cute
It must have been cold, everyone is bundled up
The first picture was the survivors lap. Everyone was around the outside and clapped as they went by, it was really nice. The other pictures were mostly setting up. The group photo we did have two people walking. However it really made me mad that some teams didnt have someone walking the entire time, some people on our team only walked 2-3 hours. Which made me and my friend walk triple that. Shes the girl next to me in the group photo and the one standing next to the poster.
alex
' Wrote:Shes the girl next to me in the group photo and the one standing next to the poster.

Eh...yeah, I've definitely seen worse:upto:
Ill take that as a compliment? Shes been my best friend for about 2 years now
' Wrote:some people on our team only walked 2-3 hours. Which made me and my friend walk triple that.
so they may have received some pledges but you guys are the ones that 'earned' the money.

good job:thumb: