Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2K sports vs. EA sports
Out of the games you've tried, which have you found to be more fun?
I've tried the demos for several of the competing games but haven't been able to really say which I like better.
It seems like EA goes for straight up realism more where as 2k goes for fun but realistic.
Just curious about your guys opinions on the matters, and whether you have any interest in the upcoming 2k sports line which looks like fun to me:
The Bigs, arcade style baseball game with real players but crazily out of hand, much like the old BLITZ games from the looks of it

and

All Pro Football 2K8, Because EA has exclusivity rights to the NFL, 2K is coming out with a game that has all of the legendary players from the past on the same team and against each other, Crazy things will happen like sacking Troy Aikmen with Dick Butkis, or Barry Sanders getting laid out by Chuck Bednarik.

And if all else fails, 2k sports puts out the best soundtracks for their games imo:)

EDIT: Woah, i have over a thousand posts now... crazy
I don't really prefer one or the other overall. EA NBA series has not been too great in the past couple years. Baseball wise EA did a good job this year compared to previous.

I liked 2K's football before the EA-NFL deal. I was never a stat man. EA seems to be heavy on stats and stuff like that. I just liked my sports games simple when I do play them.

I liked arcade like sports games. During my high school days NBA Jam was a fun party game. Wish they would bring that back. The first couple Blitz games from Midway were good, but the EA-NFL thing kinda hurt that series.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
ill start off with hockey, cuz it is what i know. EA did a nice job with 07 on the 360, Alex Auld did the motion capture for the goalies, so all the elite goalies in the nhl look like themselves. They did a really nice job with the hitboxes of the goalies as well. The most noticeable difference is when the goalies butterfly, their pads actually wrap around their leg instead of just being glued to the leg in previous games. This opens up the 5 hole a little bit. In all the previous EA games, they always had a certain way for you to score, one timers, dekes, etc. The nice thing about this year is that you can get more variety in your goals. On screens the goalies will occasionally put their blocker hand down on the ice to get their head lower to help them see, which creates an opening by the shoulder. You can work rebounds from the pads, which is great for 2 on 2 rushes. Wrap arounds as well work. So its nice they reward that kind of play, rather then just dekeing and one timing. As far as the player AI, i found that they were a little slow to react to things like turn overs, they also have a tendency to go offside on plays they shouldnt.

I havent played the 2k version nearly as often, but I didnt like it as much. The AI seemed reasonably solid, what i like about it is it rewards the offensive zone puck control, cycling etc. Where as the as EA rewards the transition. I also wasnt a fan of the cameras and how the game actually felt. EA just felt more natural to me.

2k has a really good baseball game in mlb 2k7. I thought the play by play was fantastic, Joe Morgan actually had really intelligent things to say, they were very situational things witch also impressed me. AI wasnt bad, also comes with your standard outfield and infield defensive alignments. The only issue i had was when you reach the higher difficulty levels the computer doesnt swing at purposes pitches with 2 strikes. So you deffinatley have to know how to pitch to contact. The motion capture on all the hitters is great as well, even in between pitches.