Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BOX
ok I think we have the makings of a cool idea....I know a lot of you have thought of it and even probably have already played it....here goes in gratitude to g-boy and NOX we are gonna call it BOX you get three falls hence the three letters....g-boy et al will have to explain the rules I just wanted to start the thread with gratitude for giving the mod a kick in the ass that it needs.....suggestions appreciated but not necessarily implemented:D
Well I guess a good start would be having everyone interested post here as well as post times when they are usually avaliable. For me, 5:30pm and later, on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Saturdays are questionable. westcoast timetable
make sure you post time zone you are in so we know how it relates to our time zone
see the real problem with a horse type game, which i figure is what you mean by BOX, is that
1. it requires a judge, spectator, and thus prone to bias.
2. once you get to a certain skill level, jumping is not hard, so the game could and likely will go on until the time runs down.
3. think of all the other poor saps who would have to watch the thing lol.
4. are we all forgetting the cool part of richo? HEADS FALLING OFF!

so i suggest the following to add a wee bit more challenge and excitement to the game.

The player who is not jumping must be in a defined place and cant move.
The player who IS jumping has to hit the jump right, as it will be spectated, BUT (and here is the key feature i suggest) must also decap the player in the defined place(obviously the place will be defined to suit maximum difficulty in the shot).

Now i know this is somewhat contrary to the whole Jumping competition, however, we all know how easy it is to jump, and how boring it is to spectate people ONLY jumping, so lets get some words flying over this one.B)
I assure you if you work on it any person here could come up with a 5-jump combo that any other person could not do on their first try. I have many backward jumps that I only hit rarely and one forward jump that only a select few can hit when jumping into it. And it could be friendly. Ping is not a problem for jumping, so someone could just host a server and do it there. But yeah I was thinking killing would be cool... but the again most skilled people can hit any person who isn't moving from any spot on the map even while in the middle of jumps.
1. The whole point of a horse game is that a judge is not necessary. Someone does a jump, then the other tries to repeat it, like the basketball horse. We plan to have judged jumping games at some point, and we'd try to have unbiased judging.

2. Uh... not necessarily. Like nox said, if you work on combos (we're not talking single jumps here, we'd have 3 jump combos... 5 is a bit excessive because it's hard to remember), then it's hard for someone to repeat it on first try.

3. We've been fooling around in the servers, and yes, it holds it up. If we were to ever do it seriously, we'd have set times for it and it's up to everyone else if they wanna watch or participate. We'd post times in the forum.

4. Jumping kicks ass too.

Ok, and as for the stationary person getting decapped, there is a major problem with that. Realize the best jumping combos and for playing a horse type game map would be arena. In arena, you it's best of 5 rounds determines who wins. If you decap someone, you keep reducing the rounds. Eventually you'd get to the fifth round, and whomever gets to go first could win it, and it messes the whole thing up. If you're thinking someone wouldn't hit the shot everytime, they will. The skills of the best jumpers would allow them to hit a stationary target with no trouble.

I'll come up with rules for both types of games, the BoX game and the g-games.

-BMac
Well I think he meant there would need to be a judge, so someone couldn't repeat the jump differently and claim they copied it exact. But I must say we are a tight community and I don't think integrity is a problem among most of us.