Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ricochet now playable over Steam
I don't know how long it has cause for awhile Steam would give an error when you tried to load it. There were no Steam servers though when I checked. At least Valve did something in case people what to check the game out.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
i don't understand steam at all. i got cs 1.6 w/ steam and i can't search for 1.6 on ase. so i can only play cs 1.6 over steam? what i do like is that i can make a server w/ bots (and they are quality bots too) so i can play cs by myself now. it also automatically updates if u leave steam in the background.

but how does steam work? this seems like the work of the devil...a way to force people to use steam if they want to play the latest valve releases. am i wrong here? and yes, i can't find a ricochet server over steam either...so does ricochet need to be updated to work w/ steam? i guess you have to run a steam server for it to show up in steam.

right now, i'm not impressed. help!

and it takes too long to play a game too :angry:.
can someone enlighten me on this steam and what it does, thank you.
Basically its a peer 2 peer program that will only share half-life releated files automatically. (from what I understand anyway)

For more info look at
http://www.steampowered.com/
But I didn't think cs 1.6 was even realesed...
CS 1.6 is still in beta testing that is why it is only playable over Steam.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
sounds like full steam ahead to me...
i don't trust steam:angry:<---yeah, i know my face is gonna freeze like this.
I don't trust steam either, I'm gonna stick with the good old waiting for 6 to 12 hours in a line up to get a 5 minute download method that I seem to be pretty good at. :D
i never, ever had to wait that long...besides, what's the rush? usually, there is liitle or no wait at fileplanet for the files i need. of course, you can always pay the extortion and never wait again for a patch or mod.

everytime i try to connect to a cs 1.6 server...i get disconnected or it takes several minutes to connect. this morning (i timed it), it took me 8 minutes to connect...but wait, here's the great part...i never did connect...i timed out...i'm through w/ steam...screw it.

:angry:<---see, my face is stuck this way...thanks valve.
That 6 to 12 hour wait in line is at file planet. Most of the time I hit the patch downloads the day it comes out (I goto planey half-life every day).

A couple of times I was lucky to get in near the top of the line, but It think that was because it had just been posted on planet half-life. Most of the time its a 3 to 6 hour wait. It once took me 12 hours to get one file because I had just about gotten down to like the last 10 in line and the power flickered which of course cause my computer to shutdown!!! :bh::cens::bh:
I'm so proud, I had my first Ricochet dream last night.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
u know i don't think i've had one of those. I will bow my head in shame now
So you should, I often close my eyes and see GRITS' head drop down for me....
i know all to well about that net, many a nights we stay up and just wonder, what did we do to lose him? where did we go wrong?