Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
nhl 08
So EA released the demo of nhl 08 the other day and ive been playing it non stop. It is the most realistic hockey game i've ever played. The game itself is being released on the 11th. This one is supposed to be a lot harder, so for the ppl who play it on the hardest difficulty and complain that its too easy (like me) will have a challenge, according to EA. They're saying that the CPU will adjust to certain plays you like doing, and from playing the demo ive noticed this as well. The biggest addition id have to say would be a play editor, where you can design your own plays in certain situations, everything from a cycle play to breakouts and traps.

http://www.easports.com/nhl08/

Anyway more to follow after the 11th
I hear there are a lot more moves for individual players themselves.

Did they fix most of the glitches from 07?
ya there are a lot of moves, ive heard of some dirty ones, but never seen anything yet. They did fix a lot of stuff from 07, like the defence will hold the blue line and are much harder to deek around. The physics are better for the most part, but there is still some cases of really really unrealistic bounces. The one thats bugging me the most right now is if the puck hits the top half of the goalies pad it will occasionally bounce up and in. Funny thing is any pad made in the last 15 years has a piece on the outside thats inclined to prevent that very thing from happening.

Its a very different game from 07. It feels completely different because of their new skating engine. It rewards setting up in the offensive zone and working the puck around, instead of 07 which rewarded deeking out the d-man and then the goalie. They just need a patch that minimizes those instances of really really bad physics.