Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your favorite song?
Hey, what's your most favorite song recently? One song only please.

I'd have to say 3 Libras by A Perfect Circle.

Boredom strikes again...
ooooo that's a really good song..but I'ma have to say

Backdrifts - Radiohead
"Blue and Yellow" by The Used
Victoria's Secret by Sonata Arctica I bet you ppl dont know it :P
MegaDeth - Trust
how do u ppl pick a favorite song? i can't even pick a favorite band
Comateen I - Indochine
You can listen to some of their songs here :left:
Quote:how do u ppl pick a favorite song? i can't even pick a favorite band

I just picked a song I have been listening quite a bit lately...It's really not my favorite, there's too many good ones
One I picked isn't my favorite either... he said recent songs, so I put down the best I've heard on the radio in the past couple of months.
clocks - coldplay
i know i know one song but i would have to say

lightning crashes - live is also a killer song
HMmm favorite song...thats freakin hard..well any linkin park song I love...but as favorite thats just imposibble exept maybe headstrong..yeh headstrong ..not sure who it is from though..cant remember I just woke up...
Headstrong, Quick, is from Trapt. However MY favourite song of this time is Jet Black New Year by Thursday. I'd seriously recommend it to everyone. Takes a few listens to get in the groove, but once your in you wont back out yknow!! Its a LoUd song, but its got this super amazing countdown near the end where they count down from 10 (Hence 'New Year' in the title). The Jet Black refers to lotsa evil shit, some dark lyrics for sure (ie. draw diagrams of suicide on each others wrist/and trace them with razor blades) Nothing too too bad, its just a song afterall:thumb::thumb::smurf::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
"Nothing too too bad, its just a song afterall"

Heheh, just a little tangent, but some kids in Cali stabbed their friend to death after getting pumped up listening to Slipknot. "I wanna slit your throat and f*** the wound"-_- Onward with the favorites!
umm...they weren't really kids which surprises me. the victim and one of the two assailants were in their early 20's and the younger suspect (16) is a female i believe which makes this extrememly odd. also, they were planning the murder for months.

anyways, i don't really listen to much new music...so who knows? these days, it all sounds the same to me.

edit: to answer the question, i'll just pick what i'm currently listening to on mp3 radio. it's really good...loungy.

Dj Food - Nocturne

kind of a stupid dj name, but he's got some skillz...i'll say that much. the track doesn't want to make me kill my friends though, just sort of makes me hungry...:D
Clocks makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. It makes me get up in the middle of the night and stand by the window, hoping that Peter Pan will come and take me away to never never land.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
A Love Supreme, both the John Coltrane version and the Carols Santana/John McLaughlin version are awesome
most people say they can't pick a favorite song, but there has always been one song that i can listen to whenever. most songs, for them to be really good, you have to be in the right mindset. this one puts me in a great mindset despite the mood i'm in. 'nuf said.

little wing - jimi hendrix
I got a new fav song...at first I didn't lke it but listenin to it the 2nd time I loved it..Stupid Girl by Cold
Vampires Will Never Hurt You..by My Chemical Romance i think
*-=][_=-*
well i gotta facorite song it's a lil late, but who cares "Not Alone" by Homegrown
New fan of Linkin Park, I especially like Numb
Linkin Park IS very good. Very unique sound.

Favorite song right now: I Love this Bar-Toby Keith

Favorite song ever: who the heck can actually answer that??
As a guitarist I cant respect linkin park at all. Even if the guitar players changed the chords to altered chords it would be much better, and considering there are at least 5 really basic altered chords that you can do by just lifteing a finger here or their it would make them much better. For those of you who know what im talking about, i am referring to the altered chords in bar form. The guitar during the verse is ok, and the rifts are semi catchy.

I'm getting into the old incubus. Good bass, good guitar, good everything, check out science if your a fan of them.
Autobiography of a Nation. Just download it.
*-=][_=-*
For the past couple of months, my favorite song has been Vacant/Stream of Consciousness by Dream Theater.
Two tracks off of Train of Thought, but they might as well be one song.

Vacant is the nearly 3 minutes of soft orchestra intruments and vocals.
Stream of Consciousness is the other 11 minutes of guitar soloing and simpler riffs.
Anon,

I can understand your point...I am not a musician but I can pick out the difference between simple and more complex playing. As for Linkin Park, sometimes it is just the whole sound or the feeling from the sound aong with the voice and lyrics.

For really complex guitar work I prefer John Mclaughlin, Mark Knopfler, Carlos Santana (in his religious days) and Al DiMeiola.
Oh ya, those are as good as guitar players come. Yet they are not my favorite, so its not like they have to be world class guitar players for me to respect them. I would just respect linkin park a lot more if they played at the ability that they can. I was actually a fan of linkin park before i started playing contempory guitar (i was classical player) before i started learning chords. I really didnt notice the simplicity of the guitar, but now it just bugs me because i feel that i can change the songs and have something much better within 5 minutes assumeing i had the equipment and the knowledge to use it.

I dont consider myself a muscian either, i just play the guitar for fun once and awhile. I just picked up on a few things from my guitar class. I know how you feel about the emotions conveyed in a particular song. In the end by linkin park used to be convey a lot of emotion for me awhile back. I dont know if the song has lost its meaning or what, but i just dont have the respect for them i used to. It also bothers me that when i bring in my dredg albums to school, and people listen to it, and say they dont like it and go back to linkin park. I know wha and GRITS will know how i feel on that one.

BTW, if your not into dredg, I suggest downloading one of their songs. Its very emotional and well written, and quite down to earth. Same ol` road is their single, i suggest that.
[CAKE Wrote:anonymity,Jan 23 2004, 10:24 AM] As a guitarist I cant respect linkin park at all.  Even if the guitar players changed the chords to altered chords it would be much better, and considering there are at least 5 really basic altered chords that you can do by just lifteing a finger here or their it would make them much better.  For those of you who know what im talking about, i am referring to the altered chords in bar form.  The guitar during the verse is ok, and the rifts are semi catchy.

I'm getting into the old incubus.  Good bass, good guitar, good everything, check out science if your a fan of them.
A ) You stole that from my brain you jerk...
B ) I've been listening to science for the past 3 days with a little bit of morning view as well. . .for balance.
The Toadies-Possum Kingdom :thumb:
Yeah i like Pull Me Under by Dream Theatre. good song. Not my favourite, just saying.
*-=][_=-*