Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An Intresting experience
http://pictures.aol.com/galleries/pearljam...1178050692288.1
Saturday was incredibly fun. I was at Rausch at about 9-10 am and we spent the whole day wheeling. It was a ton of fun.
There were four trucks in our group, My brother in law and me in his red Tacoma, His half brother in the gray Tacoma, and some other friends in a Cherokee and a Liberty.
We were all having fun playing in the mud and tearing it up. The only major issue we had was the Cherokee slicing two tires on a nasty rock on one of the trails (luckily we had two jeeps with the same lug pattern with us). Everyone did incredibly well, and the shocking part of it was that Liberty was COMPLETELY stock and it was keeping up for the most part (just needed to be spotted more often).
On the way home, we had to stop and pickup my b-i-l's stepdad. The roads were really icy and at one point my brother in law lost in the ice, sitting in the Tacoma we slowed down enough that we thought we would just stop on the side of the road, what we didn't notice was the drainage ditch that was there. The front wheel went down and the rest of the Taco followed. We rolled over once, getting stopped by a tree. I had my belt on and he didn't. As soon as it happened I looked over and said, "Hey man, You alright?" he grumbled "Yeah." I did what I do oh so well and stated the obvious "We're upside down man" he looked at me and said, "Yeah, Get out." (This whole time we're both laughing our asses off), the cherokee guys came running up yelling "Are you guys ok!?!", I couldn't stop myself and said "Yeah man, We're upside down though!" After getting out we took some pictures, i'm sure you can tell which they are, and flipped it back over. My b in law is a mechanic and fixed the "Hydro" (It was really oil locked I guess) Locked engine and fired about 3 quarts of oil into the air, but the beauty of a toyota showed as it fired right up after he cleared the engine. All the damage we got was caused by one of three things, A rock that went up the driver side door and, broke the rear cab window, and crushed the top, and Pillar pretty good, The tree stopping us (Really not that bad) and when we flipped back right side up, all the weight went onto the driver side wheel and popped out his two add a leafs and messed up his shock pretty good.We drove it all the way home, freezing, but it got us there. I am in two pictures I find out, you finally get to see me, i'm in the brown shirt, black hoody and jeans. That's one of those funny and sad experiences you talk about with a select group of people your entire life. I still can't belive that happened:).

Later that night as we're sitting and eating at the cracker barrel in hamburg PA, We get to find out something else that cracked us up, and scared the ever living shit out of my brother in law and myself. When His step brother didn't see our head lights and saw the two guys in the cherokee run across the street, he looked over the side of the road where he was, about 250 yards up the road, he told us where he looked, it was a straight cliff down quite a bit. I guess we're pretty fortunate after all:o
god I love rock climbing and 4 wheeling, its such a blast. Looks like you guys had a great time.

just remember, its all fun and games til someone put an eye out.
' Wrote:just remember, its all fun and games til someone put an eye out.

Or rolls their 4x4. :lol:
What sucks and is good at the same time is that it didn't happen at the trail...

Justin, my brother in law said hes going to pull off whatever he can and try to sell it before the adjuster comes. He's pretty sure it's totaled because its a 10 year old truck and the cab has to be replaced completely. He loves that thing too, Sucks.