Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Incoherent Rant of The Day
Frickin = Fried Chicken. Get it? hehe....

Gravity is the company that runs a game called Ragnarok Online. Yesterday, I had nothing to do. I was like, it's not very often I have a whole day to waist doing whatever I want these days. So I got an idea, I'd subscribe to Ragnarok. So I fork over my 10 dollars and download the game. This is where the pain starts. You are forced to download 10 40mb files instead of 1 400mb file. So, I have to sit at my computer for 100minutes so that every 10 minutes I can start another file downloading when the last one finishes. But, eventually the files are done downloading. I install it, I'm getting excited now. Ooohh I can't wait. Then, because Gravity is Fried Chicken retarded they never update the client download, so I must wade through a plethora of auto update patches. And since I have no idea how long they will take, I'm forced to no leave my computer. 15 minutes later I'm going in the game finally. Two hours after I begun downloading. I quickly punch in my ID and password and get "Unregistered ID." I try it a few more times and it doesn't work. So now here we are God knows how many hours later, well over 24, and I STILL CANT FRIED CHICKEN PLAY!!!!!! F U GRAVITY YOU HAVE MY MONEY, WHERE IS MY GAME? It's bullshit man I'm telling you.

Something kind of funny, a few minutes ago, in my fit of rage, I started typing in random URLs. I went to http://www.ihateyou.com, and it's some sort of anti-Verisign campaign site or something. The irony in it is that Verisign is the company that handles billing information for Gravity. It's a small Fried Chicken world after all.

If you're still reading this I apoligize. I'm just a kid angry at corperate america. That's why I say, "Try it [preferably until you don't desire to play it any longer], Don't buy it!"
Hey man i feel for you. Corporations are evil. They do the weirdest things to save a couple bux, not realizing that they ppl they are doing this too are suffering cause of it.

And you know what? I'm really tired of windows xp always trying to help you do stuff!!! Dammit if i changed my startup programs, I don't want a little msg boxing telling me that I just changed my "Fried Chicken" startup programs. i know damn well what I just did! And you know whats even worse, even with the "most helpful os yet" there is still a book called, Windows XP for Dummies.... I can't believe it...
LMAO the thing I hate the most is the window that pops up to tell you've made changes to your startup programs right after you reboot after making the said changes. No shit shirlock, I know that because I did it.... talk about the dumbest message ever.
Ahhh Verisign, the leading provider of digital trust services. In 2000, I purchased 15 shares at $132 a pop, the stock climbed to a little under $200 a share in less than a month, I was so happy. My broker expected it to climb to $300 a share before 4th quarter. The stock ended up tumbling down to next to nothing. Today each share is worth $7.75

My 15 shares of stock that once worth $3000 are now worth $116.25! Looks like I got hosed:(

The lesson for today kids is...stock brokers suck, the market is evil and you can't trust any big companies!
The other lesson is sell early!
noxious,Feb 23 2003, 09:34 PM Wrote:Frickin = Fried Chicken. Get it? hehe....

So, I have to sit at my computer for 100minutes so that every 10 minutes I can start another file downloading when the last one finishes.
that's what programs like GetRight are for... so you never have to sit there. And if you get it set up with Sound, you can even turn up the volume and walk away. Then when it's done, it shouts "Your File Is Done".
I like to run as few third party programs as possible though. Personal habbit. Even if it means less convience :-\
first is some guy downloaded it then sold it to you, that's why no updates and he's sitting at home collecting. screw stocks buy land and as much of it. they are not making anymore.
Bringing back the XP thing, the reason there is a 'for Dummies" book on it, and I'm purely speculating here, is that it's not for 'dummies' as the name might suggest. Rather I firmly believe it holds the key to finding all those features that seem to have vanished, and is intended for the people used to win9x and it's not overly user-friendly GUI. Jeez, 3.1 was better than this. It was like a faithful dog, always accepting commands, and from time to time crapping on the rug. On the gripping hand, winXP is like a hyper puppy humping your leg.

I get lost all the time when I want to do things that used to take all of eight seconds. Maybe Microsoft® should add in a new control panel utility. One that has a sliding bar to select how much of a tech-illiterate idiot the user is. A rating of zero indicates that the user is god-like with windows, and doesn't need to be told things that are quite obvious. A rating of 255 would mean the user is barely capable of dressing or feeding themselves, let alone using a computer. And should be locked out of the whole %windir%, not be allowed to view hidden files, be barred from altering files not written by them, and especially be blocked from downloading or viewing anything from sites designated by the CAUTIOUS (Committee Aiding the Undeniably Technologically Illiterate or the Otherwise Unbelievably Stupid) to be idiot proof, and are in possession of a certificate to declare it as such.

I will grant some credit to MS for a few of the prompts. It's nice to know what each BSoD is about, and once an invalid page fault means something to me, I will be grateful for the knowledge. But those irritating messages that have no correalation to debugging, and are telling me things I already know, those would be off, and I would be happy.

Another thing. I want some qualification behind the self-granted review "most helpful". I'm thinking a utility I can use to smack politicians when they're being stupid. That would be real handy right now.
My friend told me that Windows 2000 is better then XP, since it doesn't do things like tell you that you just installed a program. It'll let you fiddle with anything and blame you if you mess it up. I'm thinking about getting it...
My Xp doesn't tell me any of those things... I guess that's what happens when you tweak with it too much.
Doesn't any remember how much 98 and 2000 crashed or froze, doesn't happen as often with xp.
That's why other problems seem more annoying. You aren't swearing at it for crashing, taking an oath of vengeance on Microsoft, etc. Instead, all you see are the other flaws, which are no longer drowned out.

Interestingly, an identical thing happens when an english teacher marks a paper. I think it's pretty much based on levels of writing, where if you break a level barrier, the rubrick is rounded up to the next level.
I get Bs on all my English papers in senior english. So does the vast majority of other students. I often turn in papers with no grammatical or spelling errors (as in none are marked), which would mean I get graded down on fluency and cohesiveness. I don't think this is the case though, I have the highest DRP (state reading test) in the class. And am one of only five to have passed CIM for writing (state writing test). On top of that I get 30/30 on all of our vocabulary tests (I know, vocab tests in senior English, it's quite sad). I don't understand it. I want As and it really pisses me off :-\
It's not so bad anymore. Servers are down right now though. Servers are almost always up, and there is no more lag. But the problem with the immature community is still a factor. But that isn't necissairly Gravity's problem (though it could be).