Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rc_introvert
Played around with the Ricochet FGD today and I produced my first map. It's an arena map called rc_introvert. It's kind of big but has some cool fancy jumps. I had to make my own arrows and stuff because I couldn't find any Rico prefabs, they turned out sexy enough anyway.

I've yet to play it with another person yet, so I havn't posted the bsp online yet. If anyone wants to help me test it IM me at noxiousg or e-mail [email protected]. I tried to test it with RWS but since we both have firewalls, neigther one of us can host..

Oh and a little note for RWS, notice I added an extra jump and I also fixed the trigger_jumps so they work a little better. Played with the jump heights as well it's quite a lot more fluid now.

[Image: rc_introvert0001.jpg]
that's your first map? I hate you if it is....cuz I've been working on my first for the past few days...and well it's nothing like that. I've had a little help from sir Pique...but it's close to being done....
Shit, that map looks like it has a lot of potential, just gotta perfect the jump arrows and it'll be one hell of a hit.

edit: If you need somebody to help you test, I'm available /wink /wink
yeah I tried it...it's pretty sweet. You can even surf on the bumpers!!! woot...nj noxi...just make it smaller and we gots ourselves a new arena...
Thanks to Kermit we got a good sized server going with okay pings. Had six people in there average ping of bout 130. Played it in deathmatch mode and it rocks. So, that will be a DM map now, I think I've got a real good idea for an arena map though I'll have screenshots in a few hours:)
My map sucks...lol. I made a "secret" area...but now the damn hlrad doesn't want to work...it's very odd. I also have some ideas for a new arena...incase you want some outside input, just let me know...:thumb:
OK NOX :thumb: Do you feel like putting it on GRITS' server and seeing how it works on Linux?
I won't put it on the rotation yet but it can be voted on or admin requested...
If yes.... zip it and send it to me : [email protected]

ANYONE who has a map that they want to test out is welcome to request room/time on the GRITS server once you have an idea of how it is working.

Pique is the one to ask about any problems that arise when new maps are put on Linux server. I just supply the room he understands the computer part.
I would very much like to get it on the server. Here's the final layout. Added teleports and powerups so it feels more like a DM map:). Also moved the four corner pads back some to make for more natural jumps. This pulls the rear arrow pretty far back. But there is a sweet ass jump over the cross bar from that arrow to the side pads I found. I made it somewhat difficult to do because I moved the cross bar so you can just barley make it over but it's real fun when pulled off:)Also just gonna call it rc_noxochet cause I'm uncreative and want rc_introvert to be the name of my arena map which I'm working on now.

[Image: rc_noxochet.JPG]

Anyway, once I figure out how to get spawns facing twords the inside of the map, instead of all facing one direction, often away from the center, I'll send it zipped to ya:)