Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Tron demo to be released
I got this from GameSpot:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A multiplayer demo of Tron 2.0 was released a month ago, but soon there'll be an updated demo with a small portion of the game's story-based missions, which take place 20 years after the 1982 movie Tron. The new 202MB demo will debut tomorrow exclusively on GameSpot, and it will be freely available to registered GameSpot users and GameSpot Complete subscribers. Click this link to be notified when the file is available via GameSpot's Download Manager.

The new demo starts off with a brief tutorial to introduce the controls for Tron's signature weapon, the disc, which players can control in the air or use to block incoming enemy fire. The second demo level is from early in the game, when a virus is corrupting a section of the computer world and endangers MA3A, the friendly AI that guides you through the game. Four of the game's weapons are available: the disc, the melee rod primitive, and two of the rod's variants that serve as a shotgun and a sniper rifle, respectively. In addition to the story levels, the demo contains a single-player light cycle mode, as well as multiplayer options that include one light cycle map and one map for the disc arena and disc tournament modes.

Tron 2.0 is scheduled for release on August 26. For more details, check out our previous coverage of the game.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
just wanted to say that the coolest part of tron, for me, is the player models...absolutely fantastic. they exhibit the same aesthetic that i would like to see in future riochet/ricochet2 models. i'm not just talking about the gorgeous glowing algorithm either. the player animation is superb as well.

i haven't been able to play the tron demo since the first time i tried it, because my mom's computer is the only one in the house capable of running it...and i'm not allowed near it since "the incident" ^_^
Did this 'incident' involve a donkey, a jar of vasaline and a Turkish belly dancer??

Just curious?:blink:
I wish you people would put a hyperlink to the download of these games cus I am to lazy to go looking for where you downloaded them from.
Quote:Did this 'incident' involve a donkey, a jar of vasaline and a Turkish belly dancer??

2 of the 3...yes...but why would you need the belly dancer?:unsure:

anyways, you can dl the tron demo from filepanet at http://www.fileplanet.com/files/120000/126966.shtml

also, you can visit their official site at http://www.tron20.net

so far, i think the press has been positive for the game and i hope sales are good...the time is now for the emergence of the disc-based fps:thumb:
Power and Glory,Aug 1 2003, 02:25 AM Wrote:Tron 2.0 is scheduled for release on August 26.
Woo August 26th? Thats my b-day.... makes me feel special.... :blink: