Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FATE
i have been dragged kicking and screaming into believing in fate. and appreciating it.
dammit.
anywho, lemme begin this post.
a few months ago, i foolishly left my car parked out in front of my house. stupid me. it took but a night to ruin my life. sort of. what i mean to say, is, some jackass hit it during the night. almost totalled it. AND DROVE AWAY.
*rage*.
it ends up costing me $1050 to get it all fixed, since, well, i own a '92 saturn SL, which is made of plastic, and polymer. and paint. lots of paint.
we never found the guy that hit it.
anyway, back to my point. i eventually get this car fixed. it's beautiful. runs great. nothing wrong with it, but i appreciate the car more than ever, since i know what it's like to be without it, and pay for it to get it back, and all.
so sage comes over to my house a few months later (today), and parks all the way down the street from my house. he didn't see that there was a spot open right in front, right behind my car, which, again, is parked there, since there is nowhere else to park.
so, since it's hot, and my coach has air conditioning, we go somewhere in my car. when we return, there is a truck parked where i usually do. so i park up the street a little ways. fine with me, since i have to park there, anyway.
eventually, the truck leaves, but i don't move my car, because i have nowhere to go. later on tonight, some idiot hits the curb RIGHT WHERE MY CAR WAS USUALLY PARKED. they are dumb (or drunk) enough to leave their entire front bumper attached to the curb, including their license plate. yes, they are reeeeal dumb. or drunk. either way, they speed away, likely because they are drunk, or the car was stolen, or whatever. it doesn't matter, because they hit where my car should have been, but wasn't all because sage came over, and we went one place, and when we came back, the car could not have parked there.
fate, i tell you.
not to mention, sage just got his car fixed yesterday, and had he stayed just a couple hours more, his car would have been hit. but he didn't. fate strikes again.
true, this could have all been lucky coincidence, but i like to think my destiny is in the hands of fate, rather than actually take responsibility for my actions.
either way, i'm glad my car is still in one piece.

very, very glad.
i do believe the car that parked there was the one that had been parked in front of me when i had arrived at your house. this being true, he must have run an errand, come back, didnt feel like maneuvering the truck between my car and another, so he chose the closes non parrallel spot. so, if i hadnt parked where i did, he wouldnt have temporarily taken yr spot, and this wouldnt be a post. you might be dead from shock....