Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clan Members
As you all know people adding tags of clans that they are not in has been a problem for some time, earlyer today me and Gwarsbane were on GRITS 24/7 and a person named "[*RiP*]Coolieo" joined. After asking G-boy who he was, and him, we knew he wasn't an RiP member, to avoid this (it becomes very confusing and is hard to deal with ingame, because they could be members just using a dif name) I feel, and Gwarsbane agrees, that when using your clan tag, you must use your main name, or any well known name of yours, so we can quickly kick/ban/or change the name of the person with the fake tag. I just wanted to know what everyone thought befor I asked GRITS to make it a rule. :thinkey:
I've always wanted it that way and am glad I'm not the only one who feels this way.
We do have a rule here that people are not allowed to talk clan tags if they are not in the clan, but when clan members keep coming in with different names but still have their clan tag on it gets annoying. Specially if we can't ID the wonid connected to the person.

I would like to suggest that when you use your clan tag you only use your most well known name, basically the name that you joined the clan with.

If you play under any other name don't use your clan tag.
you can add tag specificity to admin mod for a won id i think. that way...no one can use it ..right?
Are you bums that lazy? Just ask.
Rulepool2? hmm...that name sounds vaguely familiar...;)
I think everyone knows who I am by now, if they don't they flippin' well should! :-D
Just to clear it up and confirm...

[*RiP*]Stacks = [*RiP*]Beastie

Why the change? Dunno... it's a whole new crew, and I had taken some time off. It's kind of nice to have players who know that Stacks beats their ass without even to have to know who Beastie is.

Where does the name originate? Does anyone play competitive Vintage format Magic the Gathering? Stacks is the name of a deck type I am playing right now. It's an incredibly good (yet expensive) deck that is currently taking my ranking to #1 in Nevada. I am hopelessy and helplessly addicted to Magic and I have been for some time (7 years?), and right now I am at my peak rating. (DCI 1860 if anyone knows wtf I am talking about).

Anyway, I am still Beastie in my heart and thus I am still the same nice guy. AND if Valve ever gets my shit back, you will get your interview. Until then I am on interview break. Sorry all!
I will have to remember that when I see you in game. Getting hard trying to keep track of certain people.

Not to go too far OT I used to play Magic back in high school 94-96 and a year after when it was a much simpiler game to play.Long story short after graduation and the friends I played it with moved away my cards just sat there collecting dust. We used to have a place in the mall around here that would host tourneys every week with a 500 first prize. When I moved into a new home I threw away most of my cards since I had no use for them and no one was interested in buying them. I was thinking about the online version but it has been so long since I played and with all of the new rules and changes it would be tough for me to get back into.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I had a nice fine collection of Magic:TG cards. But then ICE age and all those other crap series came out and killed it. There was kids with very powerful cards but didn't cost much to get out. I loved everything up to The Dark, everything after that was mostly crap.

I actually named my deck to the American kill all deck. It was great. It had about 80 cards in it, sometimes more some times less. It was made up of Red, White and Blue with some artifacts thrown in for good measure.

My prized cards in that deck were my 4 dopplegangers and 4 clones. I also had 2 Shivian Dragons, 4 Dragon Puppies, 4 Sara Angels and a few other nice ones.

If I could get down 2 of each color, 6 mana in total, I could get any anything in my deck out. I also had 4 mana flares. When I brought them out people would love me at first, then they would curse me when the 4th one would come out. They would almost always get mana burn and I almost never got it.

Only a few decks beat me and they were days when I couldn't get out 2 of each color. I once held off a guy that won most of the local tournys till he was down to only 3 cards. I had about 10 left and a full hand, then I got the wheel of fortune. In the hand I picked up, I got the cane that allows you to put your grave yard back into your deck. It was very cool.

But now most of my good cards are gone, I still have a few left. When I have the money, i'm gonna try to remake my old collection to what it once was and make it better. But I will only really go for stuff in the first series right upto the Dark. Anything after that I really don't care for.

Whoops sorry for putting so much, but I was addicted to the game. At one point before all the crap came out, my deck was worth well over 300 bucks US. I never really new the true value of it, but was nice. I still have over 3000 or 4000 cards thou most of my rare ones are gone:(
i played that game...i think in grade 9 or something...I was never very good at it...i gave most of my cards to my younger cousins and I think I kept most of my "rare" cards...just in case they were to become valuable one day.. even though I know at heart there is no point in having them:(it's not my fault I'm a pack rat.
I have no idea what this game is:huh:
It's like pokemon cards for big people, pretty sad actually.
Heh, didn't mean to turn this into the magic thread.

Anyway, bottom line is my name switched to Stacks one day and I never changed it back.

My Magic addiction is no sadder than my ricochet one, or yours either for that matter, Acid. Gamers are gamers online or off and don't forget it. You are not above any of it.

Beastie