Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
commands
I thought most people knew this but i cant remember who just asked for it. If you want to play rc_arena by yourself to practice jumps here's what you do:
1. go to lan games -> create game
2. after the map loads type in the console "rc_arena 0" with or without quotes
3. type restart in the console, if it says invaild authentication then just type: map rc_arena THERE ITS ARENA!!! amazing

Some other commands i have found useful/funny

cl_solid_players 0 - BEST COMMAND EVER MADE. You know when you lag on someones decapped body? this gets rid of it.

default_fov 0-300 - in 10's only (ie only use 10,20,30 and not 25). Great command:D just give it some time.

uhhh...if cheats are on ur server (sv_cheats 1,restart) then gl_overbright 1 fun...makes everything super bright. I dont even think cheats have to be on. it just has to be ur own server

spectate - makes you go spectator. GREAT FOR GETTING RID OF WHITEDISC. WORKS GREAT ON 2v2!!

stopsound - if this command wasn't in ricochet i would not play this game. Gets rid of sound repeating
Interesting for me are the first two:)Didn't know those two yet both are quite useful:)
That default_fov command is great. I made sure what my default was before I started messing with it. I tried it at 50 that was hard. I then tried 150. It made the map feel larger but it was also getting me sick after a few minutes.:P
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Quote:cl_solid_players 0 - BEST COMMAND EVER MADE. You know when you lag on someones decapped body? this gets rid of it.

Yeah, but then it happens when you touch somebody alive.
kinda...but more or less u just go into them a little bit. you (atleast i dont) lag nearly as much as i did when i didn't have that command.

cl_pitchup 999 and look up:Pdefault is 89
I've never lagged enough to screw me up when going through players but I used the command anyway. It helps a bit, but it wasn't needed in the first place =D
Just refreshing this topic for all who didn't see it before...
some nice stuff there. I will have to get around to trying bits out... Most of these won't actually work on the internet servers, will they?
everyone but gl_overbright and rc_arena work on internet servers
default_fov really helped me out in CS, thanks Pique.