Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woohoo!
Well, I've been anticipating a certain package in the mail for quite some time. Finally, it arrived today. It is the housing package from my college that tells us where we will be living on campus... there are about 6 or so different residence halls you can live in, and one of them is basically luck to get into. The reason is because it's basically brand new, just opened last year, and is the first new set of dorm buildings to open since 1968... and they are damn nice. It's like living in a beach condo essentially. Anyway, it's called Manzanita Village, and I got in, damn I'm lucky. I'll be moving there on September 13... that weekend is sorta hectic, so I should start playing and posting again a few days after that. Anyway, here is a page that has some info on it... http://www.housing.ucsb.edu/projects/manza...zanita-home.htm
I suggest you look at the gallery, some nice pictures, and the project map to get an idea just where I'll be... in Tepusquet house. Oh, and here is a picture from the gallery (I should be in the second building from the left, behind the trees there):

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

are you staying in a hotel now? but those dorms look great.
Ya man they do look pretty kewl im glad for ya i hope to go to like arizona state my brother said that's REALLY nice with a lot of people so i hope to go there:)
Hotel? I'm still at home... if that was sarcasm, I basically do live in a dump, so I'd much prefer the dorms.
LIES! You rich bastard!

edit: Looks like a nice community there, gonna have lots of cool parties I bet =)
oh, all the colleges are already starting around here.
My brother doesn't start college till like september 16th or something, but i start school teh 4th of sept:o
brok and i started last week. but we get out early may so o well.
Most colleges around here start Monday. Private colleges, CSU's (Northridge, San Diego State, CalPoly, etc.), and junior colleges start Monday on a semester system, two semesters for an academic year. Most UC's (UCLA, UCSB, etc.) start on September 22 on the quarter system, which has three quarters for an academic year, with an optional summer. The quarters are 10 weeks long and move rather quickly, it's just a different style. The only UC that I know uses the semester system would be Berkeley (Cal for all you sports fans). So yeah... that's why I start much later than most.
mwahahaha! I don't start 'til next year! Hope I get accepted:blink:
in tn. its a 15 wk thing for a semester, but then they have a 3part 15 week summer semester or you can choose a split 7.5 week semester if you don't want it crammed to much, but does that make it a trimester year?