Poll: What is your favourite TFC class and why?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Scout
0%
0 0%
Sniper
35.29%
6 35.29%
Soldier
11.76%
2 11.76%
Demoman
5.88%
1 5.88%
Medic
5.88%
1 5.88%
HW Guy
11.76%
2 11.76%
Pyro
5.88%
1 5.88%
Spy
5.88%
1 5.88%
Engineer
17.65%
3 17.65%
Total 17 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favourite TFC class?
My favourite class would probably either be Demoman or Soldier, but I'm leaning towards Demoman. I'd like to hear your answers.
I like playing a sniper because I'm good. Badlands is my favorite map to be a sniper on. With sniper when I get into a good location I'll do good.

But most of the time I won't be the top scorer when I play Sniper because the flag runners will get all the points.

Thats why I also like being a medic. I can get in and out of most bases really fast, the only time I have problems actually scoring is when I'm on a team that is not playing together against a team that is good or at least has 3 or 4 good people on it.

Alot of time when I see a team is falling behind in points, I will go as a medic and start barking out stuff for people to do so protect the flag. As long as people are protecting our flag then I can concentrate on getting their flag. :D

Here comes the big ego but I have played in many games where my team has been loosing but when I go as medic my team wins at the end. In a 15 minute game I have seem myself get 120 to 130 points (12 or 13 caps of the flag) plus score some points for killing people. 85 to 90 percent of the games I play I end up in first place with a stack of points. I just wish that kills and Caps would be in different groups so that I could keep track of how many I have of each.

Personally I think I'm very good at TFC, like Ricochet I have been asked by many clans to join but I like being on my own.

You know, talking about TFC right now, I think I will go play some. :D I haven't played in about 2 months or so. If you see Perp or Gwarsbane running around good chance it could be me. :D
I've only played the game a handful of times and most of the time i was a spy and sometimes an engineer
I love tfc, played it way more than l, but haven't played in awhile, my fav was FA, when I play tfc mostly I play hw to start because I have no skill, but I kick ass with this guy, must be the timing, even against most other hw's I win, I have good ability on defense but am not good on the stealth offense thing. Some servers have now banned the hw because of spamming, but a good hw is better than sg because you can heal yourself.
I also enjoy using sniper, but I've come to notice that they don't seem to get enough action as most of the other classes, mainly because sniping is a very defensive class, especially in one of my favourite maps which is Dustbowl. When attacking, I always use solly which I seem to do pretty well at usually, and defending I usually use Demoman, because blowing people up is extremely fun.

As most people use solly if they're attacking, I mainly use them because they can get around very quickly if nessessary, and very powerful which the rocket launcher weapon. For example, if you're stuck in your base which the defenders spam that little hole where the gate is, if you have amazing timing and luck, you can launch off a gernade and just before it goes off, launch a rocket and you should go flying and avoid all of those sg's and HW Guys. That's what I love about soldiers.

As for Demomen, I love using them while defending because not only are they very effective for defending the flag (launching det-pipes around it), but they also have that absolutely MOUTH WATERING multi-exploding gernade that completely destroys anything within a 15 foot radius. The demoman is one of the most destructive classes you can use, and that's one of the main reasons why that class turns me on so much.

As for every other class, I occasionally use them for other maps, such as sniping on 2fort or something like that. I'm actually not a bad sniper, but I've become rusty since I've stopped using that class on a regular basis.
Engineer by far, basically because it's awesome to be a pain by having sg's in different places, and I'm usually pretty good at placing them and getting them to full strength quickly. And engineer has a good shotgun and good nades, so can be formidible on his own. Also potentially fast enough to cap flags and such.

Next would be spy I guess... seems fun to me, I mostly do it to screw around though, not get good scores.

Medic can also be cool... the rest of the classes are about even, except for sniper... I rarely go with sniper because a. I don't find it fun, b. I'm not that good, and c. I prefer to let others who ARE good to do a better job.
While playing tonight I reliazed one of the main reasons I don't play TFC often now. Every damn server I hit had bots on it. I hate bots. They are either really stupid and can't even get out of a door and run around in circles, or they are crack shots that get you everytime and seem to aim right at you even if you are halfway across the screen.

All 7 servers I played on today had bots on them. Someone needs to make a filter to clear out all servers with bots on them. I just hate bots
well, i haven`t played in a long time.
but when i did play i used to play a sniper all the time.
i just loved the way that they went SPLAT when i got `em
and the way you had to be sneaky :D
My favourite class for defending is engineer, what I love to do is build a dispenser near the flag and kill the ennemy taking the flag by destroying my own disp.
In off I usually play medic cause they are fast(especially if you can bh), can conc the def soldiers and destroy the nmy sg with the grenades.
I like to play pyro(the under-estimated class) and sniper for fun.
Ditto. I can't stand bots. Usually if I see even like two in a server I won't join, depending on how their difficulty is set they can either suck and just run around in circles, or they have a scout that can crowbar an HW Guy to death in two hits, it's crazy.
To be fair on bots... I played some bots on a local server on TS... some of them were kicking my ass! :/ That said I am new to the game... even Frito-kid was beating me (and no he wasn't a bot!)