Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NOH anyone?
I thought at first it was just me...but I have heard others say that they can't find the NOH servers either. Does anyone know if this is a permanent loss?
I have not seen the NOH servers up at all this week. I don't know if it is permanent. NOH was the first server I ever played on mostly because of the nice ping I used to get 20's and 30's. I never knew who owned them I always wanted to find out. Maybe it was just too expensive to keep 2 servers going that were getting less and less play time.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Well the sad fact is that the Rico community is not big enough to support more than 1 arena server. When HOLDOUT'S entered the scene, I continued to play at NOH, because I liked the 8 player limit, but eventually, superior administration and the migrating of all the other NOH players to HOLDOUT's enticed me to make the switch as well.
I'm sad to see Noh go even though I rarely played there of late. I've only met one admin and that was PlAyInG_WiTh_FiRe(Inspired me to play ricochet). I doubt this was his original name, but he was one kickass player.
What I would like to do is find out the e-mail addresses of all the people that run Rico servers and tell them about here.

We might be under the name of Vadavaka, but we are trying to help the whole community. Maybe if we can get the admins together we might be able to come up with someway to get more people playing Rico.
Great Idea....if anyone plays at any other servers and by chance meets an admin of one...please post their email address on here.
You ran them out of business GRITS... :blink:
GRITS is always there for us, and she hired some henchmen to cover for her when she's not. That's why everybody plays at HOLDOUTS:P

But yeah, I want more of the community here, so we have lotsa people talkin about the coolest game!
I don't know about anyone else, but I've seen several "big" servers come and go. Seen a fair few li'l ones pop up from time to time... but they don't seem to last long. In fact, trying to find a decent ping and a server that doesn't lag itself is a nightmare ;/
I don't notice any servers. I have had HOLDOUTs in my favorites for a long time, and before that I had NOH in there, so I never see any other servers. If no one is playing in HOLDOUTs, I don't play Ricochet, simple as that.
Only two servers I ever play at are holdout's and charter community, and I only play there if holdout's is full or empty. An occasional deathmatch clusterscrew can be fun. Every other server lags like hell, not sure if they're running on poor technology or they're all in Europe.
I'm in europe, and it doesn't make much of a difference to me... they still lag. In fact, Holdouts has less lag than those others... which is weird if they are in europe, coz Holdouts ain't.
noh had a great ping for me but all others but holdouts have no control, and I mean no control of mouthers or reconnectors.:bgf:
ya NOH is definitely out for good. i heard fire in the building. too bad, they were some kickin servers i never pinged over 250!
*-=][_=-*
I never pinged over 40 there mostly in the 20's and 30's. Their servers were hosted by ReconGamer.
Recongamer...thats it now i remember. ya like i said i heard fire but i doubt thats true. it really is a shame though, lets move on:lol:
*-=][_=-*
Quote:[_ i m i t | e s s,Mar 31 2003, 10:43 PM] ya NOH is definitely out for good. i heard fire in the building. too bad, they were some kickin servers i never pinged over 250!
LOL 250? I don't settle for over 120 =D Guess I'm spoiled.
OK I have AOL 56 k. 56 k is bad enough, but when you throw AOL into the mix, it just gets nasty. Believe me, 250 is good enough for a 56ker:thumb::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
ok guys i just went to rc and filtered the servers and i saw NOH? back. I'm not sure if this is permenent or what, but it is definately pretty cool that it is back.
Ya baby! NOH is back!~ I'
m in there right now come and play!
:thumb::thumb::thumb::smurf:
*-=][_=-*
score!!!
ya I seen that earlier today. Which is good, the more servers the better.
I still want to find out who owns them.