Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets Play HLDM
Some comments have been made about me being on Rico less these days.....please come on over to HLDM if you are ever looking for me....it is a lot of fun....Holdouts Vad's Place

It would be fun if some of us got together and played....how about Saturday evening? I will be there about 5ish EST
I would, but I'm busy playing TS... however, I might make an exception for you... I still think you should get a TS server ;-) It's one of the top mods these days.
netniV,Aug 29 2003, 02:03 PM Wrote:I would, but I'm busy playing TS... however, I might make an exception for you... I still think you should get a TS server ;-) It's one of the top mods these days.
O yes it is..Its so badass lol..I'm addicted..
i'll try to make it, im a noob though, so this is your chance for revenge.
kon sarnat.
half-life is being troublesome, as of late, and it won't let me reinstall it properly without it having some sort of error. every other program i have runs perfectly, but for the moment, i'll have to think of other ways of entertaining myself (and it's getting REALLY hard. a few hours ago, i actually sat down and started READING).
a REGULAR BOOK. i don't know how long i'll last....
Well, I might stop in for a bit later on, but around 5:00 I'll be getting ready to go back to a football game, but I'll probably try and get on for a few minutes to test it out.
yes yes
brokend,Aug 30 2003, 08:43 AM Wrote:i'll have to think of other ways of entertaining myself (and it's getting REALLY hard)
uh, wtf does that mean?

reformat. you're overdue. some times operating systems (specifically windows me) like to freak out and not like a program.
hehehe you are so bad sage

it was a lot of fun to have familiar 'faces' in game....thanks guys

also if anyone wants to just learn the 'ropes' let me know and I will show you around a couple maps...the special ones can be d/l in the HLDM section of the forums so you don't have to wait in game
I don't know what happened... I came first second or third on all the maps I played...:)
I don't have any of the orginal half life maps, because i use counter strike to play (retail version), don't ask me how hldm works but it does. So if anyone knows of a place to dl those maps it would be greatly appreciated.
Hmm. Let me see if I still have the upload details for Vad's HLDM Website (been a long while since I worked on it or any other site). If I can find them, I'll zip up the entire base maps and put a link to them.
I think anon got them off of the HLDM thread here that evil_admin posted because he was in some of the maps last night
Didn't he just download them as he was playing from the server? Still, don't you think it'd be useful to have them on the website just in case... ?:)
i dled some from the server, like crossfire, but then i downloaded the maps that were posted

http://www.vadavaka.com/hldm/index.php?section=maps

their but i know the server map list is much larger.
ok i said screw it, and dug up my old half life cd, and sacrificed the 500 mbs to get all the orginal maps, also it didnt seem to remeber my sensitvity settings and that sort of thing, so now i should have the maps, if their are any others that are commonly player that are not on the link posted above and that come with hl, could they post a link to a dl site, thanks a lot.
True enough. I must see if there are some maps missing from the list and get them up there too... GRITS is working right now, but I'll catch up with her later on that score.
also, refer to my post in "Great References" directing you to two great download sites that also include the original half-life maps. they also would probably have a lot of the odd maps we sometimes play, except those like symmap. but see those sites to d/l any new maps you might need.
http://www.k9clan.org/home.htm Go to Downloads then across the top of the page click on DM Maps. There are enough maps here to keep ypu occupied for awile.
[Image: b_560x95.png]