Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Authorized Announcement
IT'S FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESEE! For all those that bleed orange ,or your colors; you will know what I mean. This past Saturday we played hapless but pucky little fresno state and came out with a 24-7 win. Now Fresno is no pushover and they have upset a few big boys from time to time, but they were no match for the mighty ORANGE! On defense, our hero's had an answer for every question, on offense a run for every occassion. Tennessee did have to come up with a decent win after an embarassing loss to BC in the WUSSY bowl last year. Our boys are healed back up and are up for any challenge this year. Give them SIX is what we will be hearing all year long.

Next on the Orange Crush Trail; Marshall the Thundering herd
Bah, enough of the nampy pampy american football ... who needs all that padding, and five second runs with 30 second breaks...:) Get some real football, or even rugby going! Rugby is the real man's version of american football! :-D
McNair is taking the Titans all the way this year. It will be a fitting triumph for the most exciting player in the league. Wraa!
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
I live in Nebraska....nuff said
Well, as an avid Raiders fan, I have an obligation to hate McNair and the Titans. We beat your ass last year in the AFC Championship, ha! Anyway, McNair is a great rounded QB, but no way the most exciting. Gannon and Favre are the best QB's, and the most exciting player is probably McNabb or Vick... McNabb is almost as tough as McNair, with a stronger arm and better feet.

On the college side, as much as they sucked last year, I'm a UCLA fan. Naturally because I live in LA, and I will be a student in the UC system in about 9 days. I used to sell lemonade at the RoseBowlB)

Go Raiders! SILVER AND BLACK!
GRITS,Sep 4 2003, 02:22 PM Wrote:I live in Nebraska....nuff said
i was at that game when Boulder Creamed Nebraska 62-36. it was cool.

im just sayin
netniV,Sep 4 2003, 10:43 AM Wrote:Bah, enough of the nampy pampy american football ... who needs all that padding, and five second runs with 30 second breaks...:) Get some real football, or even rugby going! Rugby is the real man's version of american football! :-D
:thumb:
On the subject of Pro's(boo by the way, overpaid babies), mcnair is awesome, and you see what the great state of tennessee has brought to a bunch of houston wimps. And Vick is hurt something bad. Mcnabb can't do it all himself, Favre is getting punch drunk,and the lions still suck.

Now about our great collegiate games to come, Nebraska can't hang this year, Usc is gonna be fearsome, S.Carolina keeps improving(Holts maybe as old as God, just not as good), Florida wishes Spurrier was back, Ohio State is gonna own, but Oklahoma is gonna get in the way.

ps. Those blessed Ducks would be great if there was only their conference to play.
the Broncos don't have a damn chance this season. when their prime players aren't getting arrested or pulled over, they're making ridiculous endorsements that makes me want to root for the other team. along the lines of "Flutie Flakes," all-star running back Ed McCaffery produces cereal, mustard, and school supplies, all with his face plastered on the front. makes me want to vomit.

also, former Bronc quarterback owns three new car lots in denver, where most of the state buys, so he's knee deep in cash, too. but he doesn't play anymore, because, well, no one really knows. i think he got in a lover's spat with Mike Shanahan.
Quote:i was at that game when Boulder Creamed Nebraska 62-36. it was cool.

im just sayin

someone give me a bat
* Gwarsbane hands GRITS a bat with spikes in it, then runs as he says

beat them all with it, I only like playing sports, can't stand watching them and don't care about any teams out there.

hehe
I was on a cruise in the middle of a hurricane when Nebraska destroyed my beloved vols for the championship a few years ago, never will I forgive those red devils. Only since an angel appeared in their midst have I even dared to feel like driving over their border.
for you Jabba....I would think about wearing orange....ok thought about it....girls basketball is the most awesome sport in TN...never before have I seen a school get behind a women's team like they do in TN for the Lady Vols...they even have their own locker rooms

personally I admire the support the people around here give there college team but there are no pro teams around for them to support so it is a lot more understandable...I will always wear garnet and black...gamecock through and through....
speaking of which the mascot for University of South Carolina is in the mascot competition...check it out and Vote for Cocky
Cowboys all the way >:P
cowboys and their passion for playing on the range, what are you thinking this year acid, I know you have some hope for old times, but be realistic, everyone is in jail. An grits God has Blessed you.
Well Jabba, I hate to say it, but I gotta disagree when you say Tenn. is going to beat The Herd. That is the school I plan on going to when I'm older and the one I have my eye on right now no matter what. So, I guess I have a feeling that Marshall will win.
Ok, but my paycheck says different today. Today the "Thundering Herd" becomes the"Runaway Ponies"
Bah, Cowboys acid? Don't tell me you hopped on that bandwagon last decade. You should at least like a team from California!

McNabb may not be able to do it all himself, but he's still a better QB than McNair in my opinion. Of the top 10 qb's in the NFL, McNair probably has the worst arm. He's tough, I'll give him that, but overrated in some ways. Either way, Gannon is the best in the league as of right now... there's always a chance he'll tire out or have a bad season, but you can't argue what he's done. Favre has the best arm in the league, no one else can come close to throwing the way he does. He just had a lot of mistakes last year.

Some people prefer college over the pro's for the very argument I just saw, the pro's do it for money and such. But that is amazingly flawed logic, because what do you think the college stars are playing for, respect? No, they want to get drafted so that they can play for money. I can understand the walk-on players and players from lesser colleges playing for nothing... but I think Klausen fully expects to get drafted and be a millionaire. On that note, I think the NFL is more entertaining because the players are more skilled and experienced, there are less teams, and there is a playoff format... I hate some of the rules in college football, and the BCS thing is dumb... there should be playoffs, not bowls based on biased rankings.
Oh, as for American football being inferior to rugby and soccer... you can't relate them too much. It's like comparing hockey and soccer... sure, some of the rules are similar, like trying to get an object into a net past a goaltender, but they are different sports with different strategies. American football has complex playbooks, a coordinated passing game, blocks are drawn up and specialized. When the plays go well, it's a great thing to watch... and even when they go bad, it can be fun as hell. Rugby, even though it is the origin of American football, is very different. It's nothing but lateral passes and running into eachother until you can score. Soccer has nothing to do with American football, even though the name of the sport is the same in most parts of the world. Also, soccer and rugby are very fun to play, but boring as hell to watch. American football has more spectating value.

It's also cultural... if you live in the United States, there are four main sports; football, baseball, basketball, and hockey. Football and baseball are American pastimes. If you live in Canada, hockey is huge, probably bigger than any one sport in the US. If you live in Brazil or Europe, you're more apt to like soccer. That's just how it is.

I think whatever sport you prefer, people should watch and play sports. It's a great thing to use for pride, entertainment, and even thinking. People sit and have conversations for hours discussing statistics and plays, as well as their favorite teams. Then when you play them for yourself, it's exercise and use your mind in strategy. That's why I get frustrated when I have a few friends who know nothing about any sport... it's a very large part of American culture, and it shouldn't be ignored... especially when they don't know what they're missing... gah. Enjoy.
My beloved Vols had a go of it today with the suprising Herd, I knew it would be a game from back when we use to play them at my division II school, UTC,(University of Tn. at Chatt.) (btw, its where I went). They have always been a great team and pretty slick. I think the decisive factor was the depth of tn. vs marshall. Marshall just wore out. My congrats to the Marshall crowd on a game well fought, and I love you Tenn.

Tenn. 34
marshall 24
He was comparing rugby and American football toughness wise. I don't know what is more grueling on the body, but there are definitely some tough bastards in both sports =) Well, except maybe kickers ... haha remember Nedney's "fall" last season? ... priceless. In any case I've always hated those "x is a wimp sport" comments.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
edited a word and replaced with wimp, sorry, not gender appropriate.
Brett Farve i say is best qb in history...:Pbesides joe montana, but hey luckily for me ima packers fan:D. The vikings suck so bad im gonna bet everyone on this. 20 dollars says packers beat the viking by 20 pts and that javon walker is gonna score a touchdown. Then farve is gonna gun it out on a tight end slant right to bubba franks then hes gonna get tackled (barely). Next they're gonna run 28 sweep and hes gonna break like 2 tackles into the endzone. Any bets?
Quote:Next they're gonna run a 28 sweep and hes gonna break like 2 tackles into the endzone.
Amahn Green will run the ball
please send your 20 dollars to

Clark's Furniture
111 W. Georgia Ave.
Deland, Fl. 32720

Packers won't cover the 20 pts.
Oh won't they??? yes they will and another thing. I have a question for you jabba. How do you think the ViKiNgS will score a point? they suck
i didn't say they would score a point, I said the packers weren't good enough to cover your 20 pt spread.
Hey, as a kid I loved the cowboys, and I just wouldn't feel right to switch right now to the raiders, it's about dedication.
Stay with it Acid, its good to know there are more closet cowboy fans coming out. Besides, the cowboys are druggies and crooks, not thugs like raiders.
Quote:I said the packers arn't good enough to cover your 20pt. spread

Hey jabba when you said that What is the vikings defense gonna do about the packers scoring a touchdown???

P.S The Packers have a very good offence this year
P.S The Packers do not have a great defence, but it's good enough to cover time and intercept the ball