Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whos doing/done Military ?
Ive had interesting conversations with other Ricochet players and it seams a lot of the young adults who play are very interested in joining the Military Service. If anyone has any ideas, or their past history with it, I believe this would a good way to sort of put it out in the open. I guess. Err.
Im all ears...

but either way.. no matter what unless they dont accept me im going into the army.
who is this "they" you speak of?
they = army

the people in charge of getting you in.. like doctors, recruiters, testers.. etc
Navy, got out in "85", rating was torpedoman/tech, Submarine force,basically punched holes in the water and some things that I get to talk about in 05, was a great life and would recommend to all thinking about it. I enjoyed it more when I was single and enjoy the civilian life as a married man.Also have two brother-in_laws that are retired navy. If you enjoy computers enlist for ET rating or in the army, enlist in the signal core. Make sure you have your schools gauranteed before you sign up or you might end up chipping paint in the south pacific.
I've never done, nor plan to do Military... however, I have done Missionary... ;-)
Nice net...

About a year ago while I was in the process of doing college applications, I was bugged by a dude from the Marines named Sgt. Brown. It was great, because it seemed like he was trying to connect with the "younger generation" by speaking in a very California way... he must have called me "bro" about 20 times. I was trying to convince him that I am not exactly a military person, and I was satisfied with going to a university, but he was damn persistent. Long questionnaire about how I lived my life, he seemed impressed at first, then when we got to the point where I explained I had mild asthma and a recent battle with myocarditis, he said I probably wouldn't do well. It was great, because he said it like I would be disappointed "well, bro, I gotta be honest with you man..."

After the frustration, I decided to give him the name of my friend who has good enough health. Apparently, he had already called him before, but gave him another cal... and another call... it seems he called him about 5 times, left several messages, and eventually my friend couldn't avoid him and went through the call. Good times... gotta credit them Marines for their persistence... semper fi.
Im not planning on joining the military anytime soon, its the canadian military so it would be a waste of time:Pbut i am going to take the police foundations program in collegee, its a 2 year program. Then I'd like to get onto the toronto division (hopefully) so i dont have to move, and then eventually join the narcotics division.
Ah yes, on a follow up, I have actually considered law enforcement. In particular, working for a government agency.
Well, ever since I was about 4 I've wanted to join the army. Only thing is my family and everyone is saying I'm not allowed to join or they'd be pretty much disowning me,but I might be able to join the Army's National Guard. In that I'd be in the band.