Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lil Problem
Ok I got on the internet a couple of dayz ago and I noticed in the address bar that now where the little Internet Explorer icon used to be next to the web address..There is the little icon for when the computer doesn't know what program to use or whatever..Its white and has a small blue border box with 3 tiny boxes..I don't know if it affects anything but was wonderin if I could get my pretty lil icon back..cause it just annoys me now..didn't think it would..but YEH DOES..

Don't you love it what your comp has a mind of its own...;)
Doesn't that just mean that the link to the icon isn't right? If this is the case all you gotta do is find where the icon is and route it over to the address bar.. of course I have no Idea how to do that so.. you're on your own (for now)
Get a screen shot for us. Press the PRT-SCN button then open up Paint, paste in the image (Edit -> Paste). Then use the selection tool to highlight enough of the picture that shows this box, plus what your trying to describe. Then goto Edit -> Copy to. Save it as a color windows bitmap and attach it to your next post in here.

Don't worry, we'll get it sorted.
Ok here the is the dumb lil icon

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I'm guessing the icon isn't properly linked, or it doesn't exist, either that or if ALL of your *.html files have that icon, you double click any one html file, select the list of programs to open it with, and select internet explorer.
its probably because windows cant figure out what program to use to open html files. i dont know what would cause it, but just tell it otherwise.
why are your forums black nad grey and mine are white and lighter grey.. is there some way to change the colour settings or something???
Click on My Controls at the top. As for your icons... just make sure that Internet Explorer is your default browser by going into Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Internet Options -> Programs -> "Internet Explorer should check whether it is the default browser".

Also, it could be that you have previously had some HTML Editing software on your machine so it thinks that program should be attempting to open those sorts of pages. If you've uninstalled it, you could loose your icon display.

Now, if all that fails, goto Start -> Run -> Regedit -> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT -> http -> DefaultIcon. On the right hand side of regedit, the "(Default)" value should be set to something like "%SystemRoot%\system32\url.dll,0". It's probably set to sommat else.