Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
steam is down
they are fixing bugs and things like that..might take awhile..so nobody can log on
why that should prevent you logging in I don't know... but I'll let you know this... I just signed in ;-)
been working for me, well signing in anyhow, and i was just in a rico game.
hmmmmmmmm..they said steam network was down..and ppl couldnt log in because they were working on auth servers...bleh lying bastards :>
Been playing CS, didn't find a problem getting in.
Maybe they just messed that up too.
Where did you hear that it was down or going down?

The only places I will look at for official information is http://www.planethalflife.com and http://www.steampowered.com

So far I haven't seen anything to do with steam being shut down while its being worked on or anything like that.
on steampowered forums and in irc..ppl's email+password wouldnt auth..in steam everybody was saying valve said they were working on the auth servers
I can log in, but I can't seem to even attempt to play anything cause I keep getting more errors. I have been told those errors are because Steam is down.

Damn thing is down more then its up.
yeah i got that message to a couple of times but i was persistant and got on
This is ultima online all over again....
My steam worked perfectly fine to pay Rico...:)
SS, you aren't crazy, before i went to work i had that same problem
It seems to be randomly affecting random people then... because I didn't get one issue with logging in yesterday. Mind you, I just started the install for the full thing and headed to work... it looked like it was gonna be a while.
I cant log in at all now, i downloaded the 400 mb file, should I download the bigger file and see if it fixes the problem?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I got the 720mb one, I can't either....
YAY i was right..steam network is down:D..eheh it went down today

-Kik:#Steam- If you're unable to connect to steam with the login error, or account doesn't exist error.. we're all getting it, nothing we personally do for you other than tell you to wait till it's fixed.
POS steam....
Yeah, I was getting it. assumed as much. especially when I tried to reset my password again and got sommat like 'cannot find authentication server'...
im getting steam is either down or my connection to the internet is not working, lousy steam trying to pin the problem on me.
well, I don't know what's going on... it appears to have signed me in... but I see nothing on screen.. no wait... there it is finally... with sound?! wooo.... full install might have done me some good.. yah baby... now... opposing force time...