Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
STEAM Lag
This is DEFINATELY an issue... I've said before how when I bounce, I seem to go down and then come back up rapidly being where I wasn't... well, I happened to get SEVERE lag today... I mean 1000+ ... and during that time everyone else did too, so we're all 1000+, and then I went to jump, seemed fine, hit the remote bumper all ok....wait ... nooooo I missed, I'm falling, I'm falling (not falling animation yet though, just going down and down) .... and ... I'm on the platform I just came from ...................

you what?!:angry::angry::angry::angry:
ya, i hope it all clears up soon enough, and i think it will.
I don't think it will. Even with a ping of 150... I was still feeling that lag effect... and I don't when playing via WON... :/
well the servers are at a peak high right now, mainly cuz of all the ppl dling it, and creating accounts, and dling from it, once the system is fully integrated and most of the hl players have it working, it should be back to normal.
Your missing the point. 150 is normal for me...
but the lag feels like its higher then 150
Exactly. And I was just saying to frito (almost wrote steam), I reckon they are bandwidth choking... in other words, for all UDP packets that are for the game, they limit what passes... thus you get lag... however, when you look at your ping, it seems normal... and that is because it's a different networking protocol thus NOT chocked...

That's my guess anyway... on WON they used to be directly related, because they didn't throttle anything.
yeah what he said!!!!
Yeah, I call that a "double take", for obvious reasons (that, and it's a real phrase). Gets to be a real pain when it's constant like that.
ya thats probably it, i knew it was a for of lag.
I guess they'll wait for the downloads from millions of people to stop before they change it... or maybe they won't. It probably isn't that noticable in any of the other games. Btw, DoD ... wow... nice...:)
I wonder if NS will lag....
its more of a question of noticeing it, i find that rico lag is much more noticeable then other fps's.
There's noticing it, and noticing that there's a significant difference between Rico WON and Rico STEAM especially with the way incoming bounces are handled ;/