Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Good, the Bad, and the Political
Now that a couple of weeks have passed since the anniversary of the September 11 attacks, I'm bringing up something that some of you might have heard or predicted.

The French have made bashing U.S. government officials a usual practice and have gone so far as to make a deck of cards which do the job for them. The cards feature George Bush as the King of Diamonds and bin Laden as the Joker.

The caption on the Bush card reads:
"Head of a baseball club and director of Salem bin Laden's oil company (brother of Osama). Designated President of the United States by friends of his father at the Supreme Court before the vote count showed that he lost the elections."

The only reason I mention the cards is because they were originally sold online, backed by the Voltaire Network, a left-wing association which recently posted an article presented by Thierry Meyssan. Meyssan is the author of the French best-seller "9-11: The Big Lie" and heads the Voltaire Network. Meyssan argues that "no plane ever crashed into the Pentagon on September 11, and that the attacks were plotted by a faction within the U.S. military."

Spew your thoughts, or read the article first and then spew your thoughts.
Voltair Network Article
Wow. That guy is an idiot. I can feel it driping of that page and onto my nice computer table. I'll read it in bits, because it's making my outlook on life increasingly cynical with each passing sentence. Not totally because of what Meyssan says, mostly how they say it. That article has an air of HB* wafting off it.

If Thierry wants a real conspiacy(-ish) theory, then compare those events to the accusations over the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbour. People said the government knew it was going to happen, and let it, so there would be enough public outrage to get into the war. There. That has both circumstancial and anecdotal evidence to back it up, and it's logical enough to believe. But to say the US military would have to spend X amount of millions to get people to follow them is inane. That's what CNN is for.

*A beligerant believer in hoaxes and frivolous conspiracy theories. See issue #37: The Moon Landing That Actually Happened
The US Government knew some kind of attack from Japan was inevitable, and probably knew pretty much when it would happen, give or take a few days... to say they knew where it would happen is a bit of a stretch. Next, "let it" happen? What exactly do you do to prevent an attack of any kind? If they knew a few days in advance where and when it would happen, and knew that they had specially designed shallow-water torpedoes and that it would have been a massive air strike, they most likely could have been better prepared. But the attack still would have come, and the public would still have been outraged, and whether the public liked it or not we would have gone to war. So, I don't agree with the statement that this particular conspiracy theory has any logic to it. Just think about it abstractly.

Also, here's an analogy: You and your friend are walking down the street. A guy is about to come up behind you and attack you. One scenario, you have no idea it is coming, you get hurt, your friend backs you up. Second scenario, you know it's going to happen, you turn around and block the attack, does your friend just stand around and say "You can handle this, right?"? I don't think so... either way, you both kick his ass. You don't let the guy hit you just to get your friend to help.

P.S. I don't like conspiracy theories or the bashing of our government, or trying to make the US to appear malicious. I do, however, believe that the US has numerous secrets and covers up certain things, such as wild research and some of the UFO/ET type stuff. The latter I wish would be revealed more, the former is up to our government to decide who needs to know what.
the purpose of covering stuff up is to benefit the people, but people want to know the truth, so its kind of conflicting. Example, UFO/ET, the goverment relases to the world that they exist, and are abducting people, and there is nothing we can do about it. "yeah, there are beings of superiour intelligence and technology who are takeing people at will, and there is nothing we can do about it." How will people react to news like this? "oh, cool, looks like i owe you a coke Jim" and go on with their daily lives like nothing is happening? I doubt it.

All the conspiracy theroys, mostly are people's imagination running wild, but I would rather see people questiong authority, and not haveing such a blind fait to that authority.
Quote:All the conspiracy theroys, mostly are people's imagination running wild, but I would rather see people questiong authority, and not haveing such a blind fait to that authority.

But a lot of those conspiratists(whatever they're called) start believing so much in their own theories and got lost in it that they begin to blindly follow themselves... there's really no way out:ph34r:

....just a little side-note I wanted to say, I now return you to your previous debate....
The only difference between the attack on Pearl Harbor and the attack on the World Trade Center is that the Pearl Harbor planes sported the rising sun.
I get your point soulevan, and I think they were both cowardly... but I definitely don't agree with them being the same in any way. Pearl Harbor was a military base attacked by a military force during a large scale war. WTC was a civilian center in the middle of a civilian city attacked by a few of terrorists with exacto knives during peacetime.

Although a big similarity is that both actions did nothing except piss off the last country you'd wanna piss off.
I love conspircy theories:) but they don't change my life on a daily basis, so why worry about them... there wouldn't be much you could do to confirm nor deny them anyway....