wOOt.....after 3 years of trying, I finally got Half-life to run on my Linux
machine at home and it runs DAMN good. I now have absolutely NO reason
to have any Windows PC's at home at all and it feels so good. If anyone else
wants to do the same, download the latest Mandrake 9.1 ISO files and burn
them to CD. Install it and get WineX3 and you can run just about any windows
program on linux, especially games.
WooT Pix is alive, woohoo!!!!
WHO?
Did yo get Steam to run on it? I am happy with WinXP I see no reason to switch. I play a variety of games too and it would not be in my best intrest to ruin that.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I got yer who? :P

To be honest, I just found out what Steam is yesterday. I've been a little distant the last couple weeks.
Do you HAVE to use Steam? Are they pushing you to move to it? If it ain't broke, why fix it?
"If it ain't broke, why fix it?"
That's what everybody said when they heard about it. But they broke that first rule of ..stuff-doing... and proved it to be quite sound advice.
The main reson I heard was security. They were tired of paying WON to control that end of it and having to wait on them for updated solutions. They took full control of it now and don't have to rely on a third party.

I think the makers of SOF did it a few years back when they dumped WON from their game. It was only a simple patch for them though.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
so why not have everyone email their cd keys to vavle, and then have vavle issue new ones, to work on their servers, the average user really wouldnt know what was going on, and it probably would have less problems.

EDIT: good to see u back PIX
Who?
Email is really easy to read without being on the receiving end.
Damn owl in here.
PIX,Sep 30 2003, 10:56 PM Wrote:I got yer who? :P

To be honest, I just found out what Steam is yesterday. I've been a little distant the last couple weeks.
Do you HAVE to use Steam? Are they pushing you to move to it? If it ain't broke, why fix it?
Yes they are pushing you too it. Personally, I like having different OS's around just in case... I have two version so flinux, Windows (all versions - yes I still have the install disks for 3.11 and possibly even back as far as 3.0), had BeOS too...

Would be funny to see if I could get the MacOS version of linux to work on a i386 linux box though ;-)
I got yer owl :P
Look at this linux clients page on Holdouts, and then click the details link.....lol.
hmm, That's not very nice Net..... I uh..think I have to be alone for a while
i tried mandrake linux...too lazy to find out what version...it wasn't too late tho..i got this comp sometime in january and tried sometime between then and may.

i still have it installed and am too lazy to format it out but everytime it boots up it...ill show you
why i cant edit my post above i have no idea but here's the pics and no i couldn't figure out how to disable auto flash

http://pique.iown.org/screen.jpg
http://pique.iown.org/screen2.jpg
Looks like your video card is having problems with X-Windows. When you install Mandrake, the last step of the process
lets you configure your video settings like video card, resolution and test it. It looks like you might have tried to set your
resolution too high and set X-windows to automatically start up when you boot. Find out what video card you have and
see if it is compatable with the version of XF86 on your Mandrake. The newer Mandrake 9.1 just about supports anything.
Plop those discs in and reinstall. When you get to the last few steps, set the resolution to 800 x 600. You can raise it later.
Good job, Pix.

Hey! Does anyone play Ricochet on Steam? :ghost:

-MG
I do
Quickening and his buddy play there and I stop by once in a while. We have a Holdouts GRITS Ricochet on steam
sorry MG, its all about the WON B)