Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My processor and heat sink
Well while I was sleeping last night (or sometime during the night) the clip on my motherboard that holds my heatsink to the motherboard broke off. So my mother board falls off and i believe that my processor my have fried. Sooooo to make an excrousiting story even worse, i have to buy a new motherboard and processor AND I can't play computer games till I do buy them (I'm looking at next saturday at the earliest).
That happened to me on an old AMD motherboard when I tried putting in a better heatsink, I know your pain:(
Hasn't happened to me yet, but I believe that possibly the little lug gets weaker with the heat around the processor area and breaks off.

Have minimised this happening on my machine by using a three clip heatsink, so all the lugs are used, therefore spreading the weight of the processor.

Unfortunately its poor design with Socket A..
That sucks pG, i hope your back on soon, and try not to think about your computer for now, that will make things worse. Good luck.
Well I just got a new processor, heat sink, and motherboard. YAY!!!!
woo hoo! So when will you be back chopping off heads?
when i get back in practice
Hurry back, the followers of the Goddess of Love miss her outpouring of love. B)
wanna play catch?
dont play catch with him pG, im always catching, its really over rated.
its cause you anon and she's pg, she doesn't throw foul's as much.