Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
computer speakers
I have an Audigy 2 sound card and have only been running my 2.1 speakers. I've been looking at the Creative MegaWorks 650's, but also the Logitech 680's. Then Creative just came out with a 7.1 system. Those are about the best systems that I have done research on...

I just use them for music and gaming, I don't watch movies on my computer, but I want something with great clarity and good thump too. Which system would be best in your opinion?
Is your avatar a singing turd? but I know absolutely nothing about speakers, I have two logitech 900335-0213r's, they look like little aliens to me. and I have a logitech z-340 subwoofer 550 amp. All plug into that.
a singing turd! :lol: ok, I've already made my choice! After reading this article, it made everything crytal clear. Anyone want to buy my Audigy 2 6.1 card?
I'm buying a nice 2.1 set to replace my Altec 221s.

http://www.cyber-acoustics.com/go/to-na.en...s&model=A3780ml

They're on NewEgg for 85 bucks.

8" sub with 100 watts of power, two satellites with 40watts each? Not bad...
My advice, get some head phones. Head phones are better for gaming, like much much better than speakers.
I don't have any advice for speakers though as I have 5 year old ones that probably don't even work...
My sound system is quite unique, its an old stereo system from the 80's. I hace two boston accoustic speakers, with speaker wire plugged into an amp. I have an RCA to line out conecting to my sound card, and that works wonders if u have a good sound card, espically if you have a stereo system. I'll post some pictures soon.
Do what anon did. You have more power, and better sound.
If i lived in an appartment building people would be complaining about the noise.
jabbahunt,Nov 2 2003, 07:51 PM Wrote:Is your avatar a singing turd?
that is Domo-kun and he's big in Japan!
:/ lil face,Nov 7 2003, 03:41 AM Wrote:
jabbahunt,Nov 2 2003, 07:51 PM Wrote:Is your avatar a singing turd?
that is Domo-kun and he's big in Japan!
THAT'S what his name is. aw man, that's been bugging me since I saw this post.
I'm thinking of adding another two speakers to make a surrond system, my amp only supports 4 speakers, but i dont need a sub, my speaks have 10 inch woofers in them.
Go back to the thing I posted. I love these speakers (got them a little under a week ago). Amazing clarity and the bass can be heard a down the hall in my dorm easily.