Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Matrix Revolutions (Spoilers inside)
Ok what the heck how about a little more spoiler space...
Only read below if you want to know some of the stuff that happened in the movie, including stuff that happens at the end.

You've been warned! :P

Ok I seen Matrix Revolutions today and while not being as good as the other 2 movies it was still pretty good.

Bad Points:

A lot of talking and some boring spots
Lots of kissing scenes
Lots of "I'm gonna make it home to you baby, because I told you I would"
Some of the special effects could have been better
Some things that didn't make sense that I will explain below

Good Points:

Some nice special effects
A few funny spots (Neo runnin in one tunnel of the train stop and running out the opposit tunnel in the same train stop)
Interesting and different end (like T3 the ending was not what I expected)
KICK ASS battle

I didn't understand how the humans have the ability to make EMP devices but didn't have a few of them spread around the base that they could trigger if they were about the loose part of the base.

Sure they might have lost some equipment, but I'm sure they could have yelled into the comm unit "shutdown" everyone could flip the off switch to their mechs (big robots) and then they could let go of an emp. Then power everything back up again.

They know how powerful their own EMP devices are so they could put their big power supplies behind lots of shielding and then just run jumper cables to the mechs or what ever needs it.

I would not have wanted the job of reloading the mechs. Just being out there would have been nuts, but those guys running around pushing a load of ammo infront of them is just insane. At least if you were out there fighting you have a big ass mech to help protect your butt. Ya I know someone has to do it, but still it would be insane.

If I would have been able to have a say about the end, I would have changed it slightly. Instead of just leaving their bodies there, I would have asked the machines to deliver their bodies back to Zion.

Then again with the ending the way it was, it leaves it open for a future movie or 3. After all it just leaves everyone in peace, but what if the machines don't like how many people leave the matrix.

On a side note, when all the mechs raised their arms in cheering before the big battle, an image popped into my head for a blooper they could include. The mechs were all standing close to each other and what if one of them raised their arm the wrong way, bumped into one of the other ones and started a domano effect with the last one falling off a ledge. LOL

So I give Matrix Revolutions a 7 out of 10 mech arms up. :D
I saw the movie last night, and I have to say it was pretty good. Those mechs were pwning for the longest time, too. I wanted the ending to be better though.
I was completly dissapointed with it. The mechs yes cool, but they showed the same thing over and over..and a ton of sentinels and all the mechs just shooting into the mass and a couple falling. I agree with ya on the EMP thing. Trinity died:(:angry: The fight scene between Smith and Neo could of been better, they did same thing over and over..fly around in sky, fly/hit each other and the force made a huge "explosion". Ok so Neo "beat" smith, didn't understand that either, he gave himeself up and then everyone just blew up white? So I guess Neo died...and they just carried him off on a big bed, but then they showed the bed with neo like beaming bright white/orange..like it has life.:blink: Ending scene when Prophecy and Architect talking...so does it mean if the machines and humans are at peace, the humans get to come up to earth? Or Zion just doesn't get attacked anymore? Brings me to another thing, Zion got its ass kicked and they just leave it like shit..no fixin it up. I feel like they just left it hangin a ton of things unanswered, like more installments after this or at least a 30min film..and now What Really Happened? Just so people freakin understand. Just thought of this...could they have made it more lame..when Neo nailed Smith in the jaw? Seriously the whole theater busted out laughin..

Good job W Bros for screwing over a trilogy that started so great.:thumb::rolleyes:
I just saw it today and was also dissapointed. The battle between Smith and Neo was okay. Overall it was decent but nothing beats the first one.

Quote:Good job W Bros for screwing over a trilogy that started so great.

That's because it was never intended to be a trilogy until they saw the success of the first one.

I agree with the review by Ebert and Roeper
[Image: b_560x95.png]
enough money that reeves gave over 80 million dollars to the staff of the 2 movies, because he said he has more than he could ever spend.
I did like how Neo destroyed Smith, I only just got back from it, and that's the only "like" that's coagulated out of the mass of information in my head right now.

The dock battle was horrible. Nobody did anything but stand and shoot (or fly and ..well fly). Nobody gave orders unless there were less people standing than could carry it out (with the exception of the "fall back"), and most importantly there was no effort to take out the drills by anyone than that inept duo. I thought the machines were supposed to be good at storming Zion, or was that just their way of spamming "RL SCRIM: YOUR SERVER" in #Neo'sFace?

The end Smith fight was just weird. One on one, when it's already been defined that that is inevitable victory for Neo. On the plus side, I laughed because it was, to no small extent, Dragonball Z. Minus the red and blue wavelengths, of course.
I agree the fight looked a lot like DBZ, I guess they were trying to show the full extent of breaking rules in a world with so many breakable rules (remember, just like Neo, Smith is an anomaly). The movie had a lot of philosophical elements, deep ones, some find it stupid, like the meaning of love, not too many give it much thought in technical terms, machines can duplicate love in a way, how else would they be able to duplicate every feeling from the machine world, to the matrix. WTF I'M RAMBLING

Okay, I give this ending to the trilogy an 11 out of 10, I liked it a lot, of course, I'll have to download it and watch it a lot more. The ending resolution, peace, was the only way for both sides to win, while the machine mainframe could've lied, you have to consider that it was the Architect, and the Oracle said that he was the program with the purpose of never coming to one resolution, so at that moment, he had to make a choice, before Smith cut into the mainframe. Neo was used as a port to the matrix right through the mainframe, straight into the Smith program, it worked like an anti-virus, and since all Smiths were connected, it destroyed the massive outbreak of the anomaly. Wow, my screen is starting to melt... I just came back from the movie (Stoned) and had a few more bowls of White Rhino, I'm going now. HAHA, I type well stoned don't I? WELL THIS TOOK LIKE 20 MINUTES TO TYPE!
OMG I hate to admit it but acid does sort of have insights even when he is stoned ....if not as clear and indepth as I think he could be if he wasn't I do believe he is right with the philosophical points and the 'love' situation that they pointed out in various scenarios and also the "choice" made by the mainframe is considered to be "THE" human attribute that they stressed in all the movies. I bet acid is even more sagacious when he isnt stoned.
Glad you decided to write it down acid so you could remember it this morning...;)
So the peace just means the humans chill in Zion and the machines just play around with people in the Matrix? And who the hell was that lil girl, she had no purpose at all...o way to go.."make" the pretty sunrise.
symbolism....remember your english paper?
Quote:Neo was used as a port to the matrix right through the mainframe, straight into the Smith program, it worked like an anti-virus, and since all Smiths were connected

isn't the point of a virus the fact that even if you destroy the source it's replicated versions are...EXACT REPLICAS!? so why would all the other smiths get destroyed after the first smith blew up? why would the first smith even blow up? why were the wires going all crazy when neo was plugged into the machines?

i wanna ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** some more but overall i thought it was good with a few realllllllllllllly dumb parts...buti gotta go or i would ***I'm Stupid for Swearing*** some more
I admit that during the Neo/Smith fight at the end I was thinking, DAMN they might be able to pull off a live action DBZ movie after all. Like was mentioned some of the moves that they did were DBZish.

Neo hitting Smith into the wall and then inside Smith comes back seconds later.

Smith driving Neo down into the ground making a crater in the ground.

Neo pushing off the wall making a crater.

Those were just some of the things that I remember that were DBZish. The only thing it was missing was energy blasts from each of them.
Gwarsbane,Nov 9 2003, 10:25 AM Wrote:I admit that during the Neo/Smith fight at the end I was thinking, DAMN they might be able to pull off a live action DBZ movie after all. Like was mentioned some of the moves that they did were DBZish.

Neo hitting Smith into the wall and then inside Smith comes back seconds later.

Smith driving Neo down into the ground making a crater in the ground.

Neo pushing off the wall making a crater.

Those were just some of the things that I remember that were DBZish. The only thing it was missing was energy blasts from each of them.
Don't know much about DBZ but yeh it definetly looked like that. The energy blasts could be like when they hit the force makes the rain stop around them...It got hold doin the same thing over and over.
the 3rd one was bad ass..only thing i didnt like about it was they killed trinity off :\..kinda sucked..i really liked the part when those guys jumped up and started to walk across the ceiling....ending was ok..they sorta left it open for another movie...over all i give it a 9 out of 10
I actually enjoyed it, i really did. I'm not sure if it was the fact that wha and I were just coming out of seeing kill bill and we were on a natural high, or the fact that it was a cool movie, and thats what you have to expect from it, being cool. I would have liked to see more martial arts, and less flying around with superpowers. Overall better then the 2nd but worse then the first.

Now thinking about it, i would have had emp blasts around the outside of the dock, blast it when they are just about to breach, no more drillers, and a lot less squidies.

When Niaobi was piloting, the other captains ship (logos i think) through the tunnels, i thought that was really cool. I would have liked to see more of the squidies get crushed along the side of the ship when they scraped the sides.
Weed.

Smith took over the Oracle who gave him a false vision (in otherwords she "told him what he needed to hear") - that he would be victorious over Neo. Smith believed that because he just assimulated the Oracle's program.

It was said by the Merovingian that the eyes of the oracle cannot be taken, they have to be given. So the oracle had some control of the smith program.

Oracle also said that Smith was the system's attempt to provide balance against Neo - his "negative". When Smith took Neo over his "purpose" was over - thus he ceased to exist. Or in a formula 1 (Neo) + -1 (Smith) = 0.
Right now, I'm finding a lot of holes are appearing. Like the lack of people still in the matrix, no, not their minds, the people themselves. I don't remember them even being mentioned in 2 or 3 until the very end of revolutions, and come to think of it, the writers can't have thought of them, because nobody in the matrix would be old enough to use the new one. Each of the adults would be smith, and each of them would have died like neo did when he became smith (and the machine(s) killed him). To repopulate, they would need to use the fuel babies from "the fields".

Did anybody else catch what "the source" was, exactly? All I got was that it gave neo superhuman abilities in the real world, but not why, how, or why the previous "ones" didn't use it to win the 'war'.

Things the humans can do to win that war (without the one):
-Actually use EMPs
-Use mechanical devices instead of computer controlled ones (electric things work in EMPs as long as they don't have logic circuits or crucial magnetic storage devices)
-Get rid of walking APUs and use tanks (they shield the driver and can't lose their balance)
-Use explosives
-Fly above the machines to render them completely helpless
-Create strategies and issue orders
-Realize that firing a larger version of the lightning gun into the hordes of ever-so-conductive squidies would destroy them all in one shot

With the one:
-All of the above
-Fly the one around and blow up all the AI encountered

There wouldn't even be a matrix if people had done those things up front. Maybe the machines were like pol pot and killed intelectuals..

Smith can't have been a balancing act after that whole explosion dealy, because the equation would be Neo - Smith(Population), which doesn't equal zero.
Oh come on, are you on the train with all the others that expected the best ending to any movie, ever? I thought this ending was fit for the matrix, I don't really care about the stupid little things you're paying attention to.
One thing I'm sure about is that LOTR will end a thousand times better:D
and the guys are so much cuter;)
Ugh, this is like people that know nothing about the history of communism reading Animal Farm, you can't truly enjoy it. It's influence was NOT DBZ. It has been stated 100s of times that the Wachowski brothers were influenced by classic comics. Superman anyone? Doesn't anyone remember the Superman movie where Nuclearman or whatever was fighting Superman, and they had identical powers. It really is disgusting how people degrade the man on top, it's a god damn movie people.

1. They couldn't fly above the machines because their ships aren't crafted to do so, you don't see the bullet train in Japan flying above the clouds.
2. Watch the animatrix, you'll notice that they did use large tanks that fired large eletrical shots. You'll also notice that they had APU's that shielded the driver, a lot of help that did them.
3. All the ships (which had all the much needed emps) were destroyed except for the Logos and the other ship.
4. They had less than 24 hours to get ready, preparing for war takes years, not hours.
5. It's a movie, get over it, seriously. You all act like it's the end of the world. If you can be this passionate about a fictional movie, then you need to rethink your outlook on life.
6. Did they say it would be the greatest creation ever? Like Daikatana? Did they actually promise you anything? No, you prefabricated these expectations. All of you say it won't be as great as the first or it didn't have the same impact, well no shit sherlock. It's a god damn trilogy, they don't change the formula every movie and go on some weird tangent.
7. The previous 'ones' didn't use this ability in the real world because they made a different choice than Neo.
8. It's a symbiotic relationship, a lot of people will be willing to stay hooked up the matrix. Or in another scenario, you could think of it like going to work. Connect to the matrix for 8 hours 5 times a week, in exchange, the machines will provide you with clothing, food, whatever.
9. Just because a virus infects a file doesn't mean it can't be salvaged.
10. The shiney stuff was Neo's perspective.

This is pissing me off so I'm going to go stab myself in the eye or something else more enjoyable. I give Revolutions an 8/10, ending should have been more conclusive. I feel I got my 7 dollars worth.
Quote:5. It's a movie, get over it, seriously. You all act like it's the end of the world. If you can be this passionate about a fictional movie, then you need to rethink your outlook on life.

So why do you care? People are just discussing their likes and dislikes about it. I think that was a very stupid thing to say.
LMAO I'm readin animal right now for school. Ok I know all the shiny stuff what Neo saw, but I don't understand why when hes carried off, its like freakin blinding. Like hes alive in some way? Yeh they couldn't fly above, cause its a hover craft, it must be close to something to stay up. I hope they do explain some of this stuff, in like the extra stuff on the dvd.
and they all got rich.
Quote:It really is disgusting how people degrade the man on top,
I'm talking in general, Revolutions is just an example, and why do you care about what I say PnG? There was nothing in that post of yours that contributed to the topic. In fact, my statement never said that I don't care about what people say about the movie, making it irrelevant. The quote you brought up only showed that I was willing to overlook the plot holes within the movie.
Whoa, man what did your credibility ever do to you?
I'm sorry I got a little offended when you use the word "all" which means everybody. Saying people need to rethink their outlook on life just because they are passing ideas about the movie is a stupid thing to say. You obviously do care what people said about it or you wouldn't have posted that. Don't contradict yourself.

Back to topic now. I was never expecting the perfect ending. Going in I knew that the ending probaly was going to be left open for another one down the line. I also was expecting more or less the same stuff from the second one. The hand to hand fighting was abit less this time around which I enjoyed. I thought the Neo and Smith times a million fight from the second one was too long. The final fight to me while okay could have still used a little more action to it.

I also thought that it sucked that Trinity died. She was a strong character throughout the trilogy. I would have prefered it if Morpheus was knocked off since his character wasn't a major one since the first one.

Overall it was a good trilogy and I'm sure movie studios will continue to rip off things to put into other movies.
Quote:Saying people need to rethink their outlook on life just because they are passing ideas about the movie is a stupid thing to say.
Well then, let's stop constantly insulting acid about his life style, a few people have told him to rethink his life, (not in those words of course) haven't they?
Quote:You obviously do care what people said about it or you wouldn't have posted that. Don't contradict yourself.
Sorry for the confusion or lack of clarification. My point was that if you busy yourself with the little plot holes of a movie and use those to convince yourself that it was a bad movie, you need to take a step back. I know it may seem a little extreme, but we can see how someone acts in the larger picture by looking at the little things. It's like being in a relationship and obsessing with the fact that she didn't set up the cutlery correctly. If you look back at my post, you'll see that I never said that I don't care about someone's opinion. All I said was that it was a movie, get over it if there are some tiny inconsistencies within this SCIENCE FICTION film. There was no contradiction because I've maintained the same point through out my posts. I could have said Spiderman was a terrible movie because he could jump 50 feet in the air, but I didn't due to something called the suspension of disbelief.

Now, onto my other points. Wha, we all know there were a 1,000 other things they could have been done to defeat the machines. Let's say the emp scenario took place: Boom, humans win. Now that was exciting. What would you rather watch, millions of sentinels fly in and out of machine gun fire, or a battle that lasts all of 5 seconds. Movies are created for entertainment, and the dock battle did just that.

Sorry for my more "dynamic" post earlier.
I read about that too RWS, how the Wachowski brothers tried very hard making everything in the movie very visual, like a comic book. I guess that's why there's bullet-time in a bunch of scenes. Also, the matrix is a program, don't say what is and isn't possible in an epic battle like that:P
rws is my god