Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUTOEXEC.CFG
___I've been playing around with some different commands to enter into my autoexec.cfg file and I can't seem to decide which ones I should keep and which to throw away (for those of you who do not know what the autoexec.cfg file is, its a simple text file in which you can enter commands that Half-Life(Ricochet) will automatically execute to save yourself the hassel of typing each command out in the console every time you connect to a server).
___Anyways, I've decided to "tap the Ricochet wagon" and ask you guys and gals for your input on the matter. What commands do you have in your autoexec.cfg file? Also, since I'm probably not as technically endowed as some, I'd appreciate a brief description of each command (unless it's obvious) so I know what the heck I'm doing to my computer. ;)

___Thanks for your contribution!!
[Image: icon_mastercard.gif]

New computer: $1500
Optical mouse: $45
Leather chair: $250
Half-Life CD: $60

Hearing the sound of a some poor Ricochet s.o.b.'s head being decapitated: Priceless.
cl_allowdownload 1
cl_allowupload 1
cl_download_ingame 1
r_mmx1
rate 2500
fps_modem 60
fps_max 60
cl_showfps 1

thats all you need for ricochet :>
and i quote from an extremly old post

Quote:thought most people knew this but i cant remember who just asked for it. If you want to play rc_arena by yourself to practice jumps here's what you do:
1. go to lan games -> create game
2. after the map loads type in the console "rc_arena 0" with or without quotes
3. type restart in the console, if it says invaild authentication then just type: map rc_arena THERE ITS ARENA!!! amazing

Some other commands i have found useful/funny

cl_solid_players 0 - BEST COMMAND EVER MADE. You know when you lag on someones decapped body? this gets rid of it.

default_fov 0-300 - in 10's only (ie only use 10,20,30 and not 25). Great command  just give it some time.

uhhh...if cheats are on ur server (sv_cheats 1,restart) then gl_overbright 1 fun...makes everything super bright. I dont even think cheats have to be on. it just has to be ur own server

spectate - makes you go spectator. GREAT FOR GETTING RID OF WHITEDISC. WORKS GREAT ON 2v2!!

stopsound - if this command wasn't in ricochet i would not play this game. Gets rid of sound repeating

Quote:r_mmx1
whats that do?
cl_solid_players 0 makes it so you can walk through the dead bodies with no problems.
Holy Poopie....THAT'S the command I've been looking for. THANKS PIQUE.
I fall off so many damn times over those lumps of crap.
well i saw pique covered the cl_solid_players, found that out from wha, anyway, what does the fov one do?
try it and see....best used with a combo of spectate
cl_autofallintovoid 1