Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Go?
Hmm... there is a forum here, dedicated to those CS players ... and yet, not one post from any of them...

I find this very strange considering the fact that it's the most common thing I hear about whilst playing Rico... "Oh, CS is better", "I've had enough of this, I'm going to play CS" ....

I don't even have it!

Yet, I'm the first in here ... hmmm....

Maybe it isn't all that good...
Anyone wanna send me a copy to prove it? ;-)
Why don't we all choose one CS server to play and play there altogether sometimes? :unsure:
a b
"Wha? the Wise"... so many big words :blink:
Over-generalizing CS players there... I love CS, I haven't found a game I like more. Unfortunately it hasn't been working for some reason, so I haven't played in a while. Besides, the type of people you described basically describes a vast majority of the gaming world....
a b
cs is a really fun game if you play with the right people. most of the time though they are a bunch of little a-holes. i like how it's a team game that requires some strategy and everyone just starts running in random directions doing random things...lol. seriously, when you are on a cool team though, it's awesome win or lose.
i like to go to the tmtf servers because they disable microphones (yes!!!). i also like holdouts cs superfriends. it's a grits operation, so you know it rules.
there is this thing at superfriends that turns everyone into chickens and they win by peckin at each other (no joke). anywayes it changes your name to chicken#n, where n is a number. anyways, i went over to tmtf a little later and my nickname was still chicken#7, even though i was of course no longer a chicken..but i decided not to change it since people were like "wassup chicken?!" and it adequetly describes my playing style anyways^_^.
LMAO BT .asm:lol:
a b
i agree with wha?. take de_dust for example...if your ct, yes, you camp...maybe with some awps handy. if your t though,...you rush A and keep the team together...you stop near the building entrance, you have a huge disadvantage...go! go! go!

how many times do t's get bottlenecked at the entrance...just to get slaughtered one by one by cts coming from all directions :huh:?
I'm cool with AWP if there isn't more than 2 people using it... gets a bit annoying. And I agree about DoD... I hate it when people call people campers, because that's one of the best strategies in that game. And it depends in CS... if they are camping for strategy or to avoid a swift death, then I'm fine with it. If the rest of their team is trying to win the round, while one or two guys hangs back in the spawn, or finds a box or something, I think it takes away from the fun of it.
a b
CS sucks now....it was so much better in 1.3, but now it sucks....sucks sucks sucks....but I can't stop playin...like crack...aaggghhhhh I need a nicorette for CS! Freedom, one step at a time! :lol:

Oh oh oh, but nm. I do have one. Ricochet!! Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!! I love this game! :wub:
Most of people whine about something don't they? :mellow:
I've learned to deal with every negative aspect of CS now. They're a part of it, and to enjoy CS is to tolerate all of it's problems. I no longer care about campers, cheathers, newbies, laggers etc etc etc.

Campers don't bother me because of this; If you're a T on DE map, CTs should camp, it's their job, you have no reason to whine. Same for the T on CS maps. If the Ts camp on a DE map, you still have NO REASON to whine, because if you're so myopic that you rush the Ts on a DE map, you deserve it. If Ts camp, you will win, that's a fact. Same when CTs camp a CS map. Anyone who whines about dieing because someone on the team that shouldn't be caming is camping should be slapped and beat. It's their fault, no one elses. Sorry if I carried that on a bit, but the one thing I can't tolerate in CS (or any game) is people who complain.

Cheaters? I just assume that no one is cheating, no matter how suspicious they look. It works well enough at least for me.

Newbies and laggers and any one else... we all gotta start somewhere, some people can't afford nice connections, and blah blah blah. I'm done with my long post for the day.
I agree with newbie...

Let's all organize a time and place to play. If we get 5 maybe we could scrim...
Having never played, nor owned, CS, wtf does T and CT and DE and whatever else mean in that above post!?
oh oh I know this.....T is a terrorist and CT of course would be counter terrorist
DE?? hmmm not sure about that one I know some of the maps are de_dust and de_train etc....maybe it is like rc for rc_arena
I wanna play with you guys I bet you arent as mean as the crew I played my one and only game with..told the story before.... it is a sad one...first and only time I played I went in as a T and spawned with the bomb....I didnt even know how to drop the bomb much less where to go to plant it......my 'teammates' killed me so they could get the bomb:( I never went back

If you ever want a server with lots of addons....'roll the dice', chicken fights etc. try Holdouts Kill em All Super*Friends...I know the admin...nice guy but a bit on the crazy side;)
DE could stand for the Desert Eagle .50 AE (Action Express) handgun you can purchase in the game. in the game itself, it's labled as a "nighthawk"...no one calls it a nighthawk though...it's commonly refered to by other players as the "deagle".

now, i wish someone would tell which rifle is the "AWP"? i'm sure it's labled differently in the game...:unsure:

i've seen the worst the gaming community has to offer on CS servers...:angry:
Yeesh... I've been playing so long, I'm amazed ya'll don't know this stuff. GRITS is right about T's and CT's of course. DE is short for "defuse" I believe. Basically, maps where terrorists have to plant a bomb and ct's have to defuse it, ie de_dust. Then there are CS maps which obviously just stands for "counterstrike" and they are hostage maps, the CT's have to grab usually 4 hostages and return them to a rescue point, ie cs_italy. Then there are AS maps, which is short for "assassination" because there is one person who is a VIP, and the CT's have to protect that person from getting killed. The VIP only gets a pistol with one clip I believe, and can't buy or pick up anything... ie as_oilrig. Then there are the plethora of custom maps without any real objectives, ie starwars.

And asm, that's only in the retail version. I think the majority of players have the mod version, in which all the guns are labeled as what they are. The AWP is an AWP (actually AWM), the deagle is a Desert Eagle, the colt is an m4a1, etc. For some reason in the retail version, the buy menus are really cheap, they kinda look like the tsay or csay from admin mod. In the downloaded version (the better version that MOST people have, I believe), the menus are like the selection of character menus. Of course, that doesn't really matter to me, I just know the numbers by heart, and I usually buy only a couple of weapons. I only buy ammo, armor, deagle (with little money), mp5 (with about $3500-4000 or more), colt (with 5500-16000 on ct), or ak47 (6000-16000 on t). I never buy other weapons, I'd only pick them up, or if I'm bored. Oh yeah, I also buy a grenade every time (of course) and a flashbang.
I don't really remember but I think the start-up money on Kill em all is like 16K and you can buy almost anything and everything you want...also the C4 timer is shorter. set at 20 I believe..once it is planted you dont have all day to defuse it..btw no language filter there either...just in case you were wondering since I do the plugins for that server:P

This is the mapcycle
de_aztec
de_dust2
awp_map
de_prodigy
de_cbble
de_inferno
cs_italy
cs_militia
de_train
de_dust
I'll never be going to that server then, lol... that is really cheesy to have the defuse timer short, because some people will just rush so fast, plant, and it's damn near impossible to defuse a 20 second timer unless you are like just outside the bsite and have a defuse kit. I also don't like the 16k thing at the beginning... because what happens is that people spend a lot of money, lose it, and they start reconnecting over and over to get the 16k. Map cycle looks good except for awp_map... that's such an overrated map, and it's only good if you're good with an awp... the spawnkilling sucks big time. Now a map that has awp's and like a few areas for sniping, then there has to be certain people to raid those sniping areas, get around the snipers, be creative, that kind of stuff... that would be cool. But straight shooting across a field is annoying.
it's just the buy menues that are different?

i wonder why a company would sell an inferior product and give away a better one. it doesn't sound like a big deal, but i want the actual names of the weapons...it's just...better.
I haven't explored the differences much, I just remember using the retail version at a PC room... guess it was easier for them to load up the retail rather than load up HL and then the mod. But I recall all the names being different, the menu looking dumb, stuff like that. Why sell an inferior product? Well, the people who buy it are bored people who walk through a kmart and see a picture of a terrorist and a military guy on the front, the name is counterstrike, they take a look, and notice that it's an online game where you play a bunch of other people, guns blazing. So they think it's interesting and buy it. Anyone who is actually into games would generally get halflife and then download the CS mod. Otherwise, I have no idea why someone would buy the retail version unless they have no clue about games at all.
GRITS, what is the IP to that Holdouts server you mentioned?

Anyone interested in scimming tonight or tomorrow night?
so g-boy and asm........if my admin gives up his CS server I can depend on you two to carry it on for me? I will even change the start up money and timer if that happens...he seems to be losing interest

Yeti 209.190.4.13:27017
Sounds good.
Question, is there a place that I can actually download the CS mod from? Having never bothered to search for it or nuttin....
you bet grits.

i bought the hl platinum pack w/ the cs game included. i only bought it cause 1) it was 19$ 2) i didn't know the mods were free 3) i just wanted the single-player mods.

i did own a copy of the GOTY edition of hl previously but, because of 2), i went ahead and got the platinum pack also. i'm still not sure you can get opposing forces for free, so it may of been worth it...plus, i have 2 cd-keys...^_^

i may dl the free cs mod and look at it...if it's better, then i will uninstall the retail version.
Net... you've never downloaded mods before? You're missing a whole world of gaming. Of course, www.counter-strike.net... but to look at about any mod, and links to DL, go to www.planethalflife.com