Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
name changers.
I've seen a few people changing their names in certain situations to most likely protect their stats etc. I just think its lame if thats the cause. Discuss.
What does it matter if they change their name to protect their stats? That voids the use of those stats for bragging purposes by corrupting any truth that was in them. Since there are two reasons to check your stats, bragging rights and seeing how well you're doing, and protecting them nulls them both, just let them do it. You have more than enough material to make them regret it later if they get high and mighty.
I will do that when I'm like in a situation I have no chance. It's not lame, it's just not representative of realistic stats.
where do you check your stats?
I just plain don't care about 'em. . .i still like checkin' 'em though, it gives players an idea of how good they are. or bad.
I change it as a good luck thing. And I had to add the [cDh] tag anyhow.
here jabba---> http://www.holdouts.com/stats7/
I have about 4-5 variations... but they are all around the same point, and anyway, after two weeks it matters not...
There's a link to my stats on my resume.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Bragging rights are hardly of concern. At least I don't think anyone here is so greatly concerned about that. Stats merely reflect your progression as a player, and I find that very interesting. For example, its awesome to see how much anonymity has gotten better in such a short period of time, and this is reflected in his stats. Its hard to obtain an actual understanding of how you perform, and stats are one of the few things that can provide it.

" I will do that when I'm like in a situation I have no chance. It's not lame, it's just not representative of realistic stats. "- Understandable to a degree, but there are always extremes, and those extremes are the cases I am speaking of. I personally believe leaving a server is a better decision in that situation. The person who is ruining play for everyone else, wont have so many targets, usually winds up in him/her being disinterested. On the other hand, if you can't beat a person in that particular way in which you have no chance, then its simply pointing out a major aspect of play that you have to work on, and is thus representitive of a realistic stat.....if a realistic stat for a game exists :x

Freefall thats what they are for. Agreed.

Anony you silly clam. That doesnt matter, you actually use all those names to a rather significant degree, and arent trying to skew/hide anything.

Thanks for the sardonic response sockhole. Thats what exactly what I was looking for when I opened this up for discussion so as to better understand where a player, doing this, might be coming from.

All in all maybe I'm just trying to point out that your just hurting yourself by doing so.
Quote:its awesome to see how much anonymity has gotten better in such a short period of time
:blsh: I actually was in CS clan way back in the day with wha and rUsh and i was ok. I am also just experimenting with how the gun reacts and stuff and trying to keep calm. R9 your too nice to me, everyone has gotten better. I cant write off any players as easy kills anymore. There are other players who are getting better as well like net and vad.

I am superstitous at times. The weirdest ones I get are when the leafs are in the play offs. I actually had one where after the 2nd period I would go upstairs to the kitchen chug a mug of orange juice in my leafs mug and eat a pickle and 3 bites. The start of this ritual started when the leafs came back 2 goals in the third period against the sens. They won that game in overtime. I still cry when I think of the pickles who have given their lives over the years.
No problem.
-Sockhole
"If ya SMELL ... what the SOCK ... is cookin."
Just using one example anon...lol...odd ritual..